"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 363
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not plugging the recirc hose is a very bad idea. You would definitely run lean. If you need a temp ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Not plugging the recirc hose is a very bad idea. You would definitely run lean. If you need a temp solution until you can get a recirc hose plug, you can use the top from any soda bottle... It's about the same size (this is not something I recommend as a permanent solution)
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ya, actually i have an AP right now, but today at the dyno, i pulled 200.5 on the stage 2 map, and then since the AFR's were so high, we went back to the "Stock" map and i pulled 202.3. Ill most likely sell the AP and get an ecutec from the tuner i went to, the guy said he was sure he could get me another 20 at the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by caz5511
    ya, actually i have an AP right now, but today at the dyno, i pulled 200.5 on the stage 2 map, and then since the AFR's were so high, we went back to the "Stock" map and i pulled 202.3. Ill most likely sell the AP and get an ecutec from the tuner i went to, the guy said he was sure he could get me another 20 at the wheels
    my stage 2 has dyno'd once at 215 and once at 221 (different days, different locations, different dynos), so yeah, done right that's where you should be.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

yeah...i think ill go with an ecutek..so down the road i can have a choice of turbo upgrades rahter than just what cobb has maps for. Also Midknight, i still have everything to run full recirc, so its already taken care of, except i dont have a AFR meter, so im just assuming that solves the problem. thanks for all your help today

yeah...i think ill go with an ecutek..so down the road i can have a choice of turbo upgrades rahter than just what cobb has maps for. Also Midknight, i still have everything to run full recirc, so its already taken care of, except i dont have a AFR meter, so im just assuming that solves the problem. thanks for all your help today
    now that protuner's out you can get custom tunes with the AP just like ecutec.
    go f*** yourself

yeah, unfortuanately there a very few AWD dyno's in colorado, and right now, none have protuner. I can get an ecutek, install and initial tune for aobut 100 bucks more than i paid for my AP

yeah, unfortuanately there a very few AWD dyno's in colorado, and right now, none have protuner. I can get an ecutek, install and initial tune for aobut 100 bucks more than i paid for my AP
    ...you could just drive to Utah.
    go f*** yourself

did both of your suggestions, the valve is moving now, seems about the same pressure to push it open as the stock recirc valve.

it is holding boost fine

It sounds really good at neutral at about 5000rpms
    first sounds great, second sounds great

3rd and 4th it sounds like it is shuddering, or the valve is not opening up enough
    5th i hear almost nothing. i ask this because with the stock if you just feather the gas you hear it open, now if i feather it i get a shaking/shuddering sound.

does this sound normal or does it need to be loosened? i still cannot twist the top part to loosen the spring by hand, im sure i can eventually but only if i need to.
    www.kiowapilots.com

Do you have any washers that came with it? I think less washers might help, but you have to get it open first.

Ah the old compressor stall that everyone has with intakes and 100% atmospheric bovs. Some say its hurts the car, some say it's fine. In my experience, it's nothing to worry about. Screw off the top of the bov and see if there are any washers. If not, than place a few on top. You can get more detailed info about this by searching.
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

i donno, but ill find out
    2004 WRB WRX
    -Turbo guage
    -Short Shifter
    -Premium Package
    -RS-Limited Ricochet 18" Gunmetal w/ Polished Lip
    -TeiN S Techs
    -Turbo XS RFL Exhaust
    -Alpine IVA-D300 MMS
    -Alpine 2005 Type-R's (2 12's)
    -MA Audio 3600 watt digital Amp (Mono)

"My lugnuts Require more Torque than your Honda Creates"

is there a difference between the stock wrx bypass valve and the stock sti one?

like the title states, i just want to know if the two units are different at all.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

anyone?
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

I think there is. Not so much with just the STi's but the the 04-05's. IIRC on NASIOC there was a post saying something about the small hole (that is next to the main port on the base) isn't there. I've never seen two to compare though...

Angry BOV Confusion

What's up people?

I'm new to all this and I just found this websight yesterday. Well, I bought a BOV off ebay for like $ 60 and it hasn't even gotten here yet. From what I've read so far, these things are no good. I get the impression that I bought a $60 headache. So far I have a cat back, and AEM short ram. The car runs mint, specially in the New england cold. Anyways, I don't even know what brand it is. Any advice??? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.