"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 355
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The recirculation hose isn't the one on the top, right? Isn't it under the Bypass Valve?...

The recirculation hose isn't the one on the top, right? Isn't it under the Bypass Valve?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the stock bpv isn't sprung hard enough to be used as a bov.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyh
    the stock bpv isn't sprung hard enough to be used as a bov.
    They make pills for that

The recirculating hose is the thick one that runs across the engine into the turbo inlet pipe, not that little vacuum hose.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

The stock BPV sounds very good actually as a BOV. I have the AEM standalone EMS and running a map based system I just plug the hose and it goes psht loud!

The stock BPV is designed to leak a little, so you are making your car run rich.... Thats why it stalls and runs ****ty.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    The stock BPV is designed to leak a little, so you are making your car run rich.... Thats why it stalls and runs ****ty.

ummm I find this hard to belive since I was holding 16lbs of boost fairly well with the stock BPV. I dont see why it would be "DESIGNED" to leak, that doesnt make sense.

You can dent the top in with a hammer if you want it to hold a higher psi, but it would be a PIA to get back out if you dent it too much. You are better off getting a 100% atmo bov or a variable recirc valve (ie 50% recirc 50% atmo). I have the Forge 100% atmo and I have no idle problems and no lag in between shifts.

edit: btw, you are by far best off with the stock unit in stock configuation, unless you are running higher psi and the stocker can't hold it.
    Evan
    MY12 WRX Limited hatch - stock, still in break-in
    MY10 Forester Limited
    SOLD - MY03 WRX - PSM; AP Stage 2+up-pipe

Forge bov adjustment....

alright so i got a forge bov...i got it used so i dunno wht spring was in originally but wht spring should i be running....i believe there is red yellow and blue...and there are three shims....im at stock boost levels with an intake. Thanks guys any help would be awesome...
    Pete
    2002 black wrx BuGeYe
    Smokey the bear "Protect our friends damn it"

take off your bov and intake

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    take off your bov and intake
    yea i know i dont need the lecture...some people have problems some dont....well see...does anyone have any answer i asked for... i just needa no wht spring comes stock.
    pete
    2002 black wrx BuGeYe
    Smokey the bear "Protect our friends damn it"

I would contact Forge Motorsposrts, I have one of their BOV's (which works great and I have no problems BTW) they have awsome customer support and will help you.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

HKS BOV Help

Im running cobb stage 1 right now and threw the hks bov on last night. Car ran fine for about 20 minutes, then upgraded to 93 oct stage 1, yes I use 93 octane, and it started missing and I was getting CELs. Tried everything putting it back to stock mode, didn't work. Put the stock bypass valve on and it worked fine. The thing I don't get was I was goin at it for 20 minutes with no problem at all. Why did it all of a sudden do this? Also when I took it off, I heard clicking inside like something was loose? Anyway to fix this.

BTW - Don't lecture me on BOVs. Thank you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you scan the codes that popped up?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Did you scan the codes that popped up?
    They just flashed on and off when it was misfiring and when I used the accessport to scan them nothing came up.

Worx BOV or Intake?

I would like to get more sound out of my STi and am debating on a short ram intake or a type of both rec/atm bov like the worx. What would you suggest? How loud are the worx bov's? Has anyone had any experience with the turbosmart dual port? Which one sounds better/louder? Would I get more sound by getting the bov or the intake, let me know.
    Last edited by 3000gt_guy; 06-25-2005 at 07:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.