"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 354

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; the PIT gives off a pretty good wooosh, under hard throttle it sounds like a whip cracking depending how fast ...

the PIT gives off a pretty good wooosh, under hard throttle it sounds like a whip cracking depending how fast your off and on the gas, under light throttle it flutters like a walrus it just depends on how you drive. TXS makes one similar to the PIT with a little more eye appeal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I just plumbed my back into the cabin and mounted it on my dashboard so I can really hear teh PPPPSSSSSSHHHHHTTTT!!!! It drives teh wimminz wild
    You need to patent that flange NOW before APC does

- Local Riceist

we should sticky this since someone asks it every other day of the week.

the thing is, yes, i am obsessed with the sound, but its more of a question of what to do with the recirculation hose. should i cap it off? i have heard that if you install atmospheric, your check engine light goes on.

Thumbs up

a fully atmospheric bov should come with a plug for hose the one i use did. the sound is great espicially with an exhaust your like a rolling band.i don't know about the check engine light it has not come on in my car other than for a loose gas cap. the 02 might be different check engine usually means emission control problems. i hear hks sounds the best but i also hear that the mord special features the more prone to leaking it will be. i paid $100 for mine very basic i feel it works, turbo spools quicker and my chick says it makes her tingle

bov to recirculate or not to recirculate that is the question

hello, this question is almost asked on a weekly basis. if you have to have one get one that's adjustable. i have the GFB and i LOVE it! just last night on the way to work i noticed my car was running slugish between shifts (100% atmospheric) when i got to work justed popped the hood and adjusted the bov to 50/50. on the ride back home it wuz butter baby, smooth

i have the GFB, i just have to get the cap for the recirculation.

Free BOV

back when i had an atmospheric blow off valve, and saw how it actually worked, i realized that you could convert the stock BPV into a BOV. all you would have to do is plug the recirc hose and leave it disconnected from the BPV. anyone try this? what kind of sound does it make? im over the whole BOV phase, i just miss the sound from time to time.

bov to recirculate or not to recirculate that is the question

hello, cool, you know what to do. you must have the non adjustable GFB bov. i have yet to hear anything bad about the GFB bov. i too have an 02 wagon HKS up-pipe and turbo back exhaust (Hyper system), STI intercooler, K&N panel filter with carbon fiber air ramp and delete elbow, GFB bov (of course) and manual boost controler set at 15.5 lbs... fun stuff enjoy

i am also wondering how this would work..
    Chris
    2004 Subaru WRX - Accessport Stage 2, Stromung downpipe, STi uppipe, Prodrive Intercooler hoses, Sti Hood scoop, cleared headlights, Sti short shifter, 20% tint all around.

Elm
    I have tried it. It causes bad idle and a lot of stumbleing in between shifts. Although it is loud as hell, I wouldn't advise it.

I have had none of these problems with my 100% atmospheric HKS BOV.
    2002 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

It doesn't work. I've seen it tried on more than one occasion. Each time the car ran like poop.

Quote Originally Posted by WMAWRX
    You can actually plug the recirc hose right into a secret slot in the back of the stock headunit, and it will actually play through your speakers. I have mine hooked up to a 15 inch subwoofer; everytime I shift the car actually jumps from the thump. I dropped 2/10's of a second in the 1/4 from the jump (no friction w/the ground = unlimited speed)

that's some class A comedy right there man. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JDM 3SGTE
    back when i had an atmospheric blow off valve, and saw how it actually worked, i realized that you could convert the stock BPV into a BOV. all you would have to do is plug the recirc hose and leave it disconnected from the BPV. anyone try this? what kind of sound does it make? im over the whole BOV phase, i just miss the sound from time to time.
    Ha,free bov!!! Give it a try and youll wonder who just rearended you when you upshift. Runs like crap.

i tried it for like 10 minutes, because i had the same idea. your car will run very rich and horrible