"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 350

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by slavboy1 I just bought a 2005 STi and now it's time to play 20 million questions. Are ...

Quote Originally Posted by slavboy1
    I just bought a 2005 STi and now it's time to play 20 million questions. Are there any BOVs for the 2005 STi that won't void the warranty? I just want something that will make more noise basically haha, I love this car and i just wanna be obnoxious when i beat those 2005 Mustangs haha.
    it takes ten seconds to install a BOV. just take it off when you go to the dealer if youre really worried about it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

your aftermarket BOV will hurt the performance of your car, why do it? for the cool sound? tell me, how many HP will that cool sound net you?

spend that $200 towards a K&N Typhoon Intake, you'll gain power and you'll hear the stock BPV.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by g0tb00st
    your aftermarket BOV will hurt the performance of your car, why do it? for the cool sound? tell me, how many HP will that cool sound net you?

spend that $200 towards a K&N Typhoon Intake, you'll gain power and you'll hear the stock BPV.

Erik
    What he said. Get the typhoon (adds hp) and hear the stock bov without hurting anything.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

I have the greddy type S 0n my 03 subaru and it works great no richness between shifts and u do here a sound its just not that loud like the hks or the 100% atmospheric ones but its worth it if u dont mind it being quiet..

so the best way to go sounds like the greddy bov

Thanks

Thanks guys for the input...Has everyone with an HKS been having more lag? How bad is it? Also how much damage can running rich between shifts do to the car?

Elm
    +1 for the HKS, I love it.

I havent noticed any diff. in performance between the HKS and my stock BOV; besides more afterfires. Which I think sounds cool, unless thats not your kind of thing.

My theory is since the HKS is so damn responsive ( I can get it to go off from being at -5 psi and letting off to -20) it negates the fact that you run rich between shifts.

Also, the common recommendation is to get an aftermarket catless up pipe; because the constant rich state between shifts is detrimental to the cat and could cause it to munch your turbo .
    Last edited by Elm; 06-03-2005 at 10:44 AM.
    2002 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

Quote Originally Posted by 05WRX0704
    it takes ten seconds to install a BOV. just take it off when you go to the dealer if youre really worried about it.
    I was thinking about doing some simple mods and taking them off it i needed to go back to subaru for something, just not sure there methods of checking and how much i could get away with.

Deadbolt 20G BOV

Im wondering what type of Blow off Valve to get with the TD06-H 20G for my STi. Im looking for one that isnt especially loud like the TurboXS RFL. Any recommendations on a quieter version...perhaps the APS dual vent?

Worx dual stage, Perrin

they are good bolt-on recirc bov's that are performance oriented
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

I have the TurboSmart Dual Port Sleeper Series BOV. It's not too loud when you shift below 4000rpm, but gets louder when you shift at higher rpms. It's waaay quiter than the RFL, though.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Evo IX: 475whp

Both DYNOFLASH

the stock bypass valve wouldn't hold boost during my dyno tune w/ DeadBolt TD05H-20G....we crushed it with a hammer temporarily....Jorge & Ron from AXIS suggested the APS Dual Vent, I ordered it from boostkits.com (WRXFanatics.com, excellent vendor)...a very nice piece, not loud at all...only vents to atmosphere @ high-boost...
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

Quote Originally Posted by whitakerSTi
    Im wondering what type of Blow off Valve to get with the TD06-H 20G for my STi. Im looking for one that isnt especially loud like the TurboXS RFL. Any recommendations on a quieter version...perhaps the APS dual vent?
    I've looked pretty extensively at the APS DV BOV... am I correct in thinking that this BOV would be louder than the TXS RFL? It would make sense...
    "Let he who wars with life forfeit his own ."

Quote Originally Posted by Racer-X
    I've looked pretty extensively at the APS DV BOV... am I correct in thinking that this BOV would be louder than the TXS RFL? It would make sense...
    negative the APS Dual Vent is extremely quiet, I can barely hear it vent to atmosphere....I had an RFL ~1yr ago...it was tooooooo loud, annoying.....the APS is barely noticable...I like it that way...

on my car w/ 20G that barely fit under the TMIC...

Last edited by testes1010; 06-06-2005 at 02:42 PM.
    1988 Celica Alltrac
    Hallman Pro, 15x7.5 +20mm Rota Slipstreams
    2005 LGT 315whp/340wtq@21psi - Sold
    VF52, Crucial P&P&C Manifolds, UP, DP, RP, Magnaflow CBE, Hallman PRO, ROMRaider
    2003 WRX 371whp/355wtq@24psi - Sold
    TD05H-20G-38mm Tial, Meth Injection, Hyperflow TMIC, ROMRaider
    Dyno Chart METH vs 93 oct

^^ Nice setup!
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Evo IX: 475whp

Both DYNOFLASH