"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 348
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If you really want a quality riceroni BOV sound, you're gonna hafta plunk down some money for a BOV, the ...

If you really want a quality riceroni BOV sound, you're gonna hafta plunk down some money for a BOV, the stocker just won't make the kind of sound you're looking for. I think HKS is the best sounding valve out there, personally. However, your money is better spent not on a blowoff valve, but an uppipe.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

when the screw is looser it goes louder, tighter quieter
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

I couldn't help smile when I saw that this was in the 'engine performance' section.

Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    I couldn't help smile when I saw that this was in the 'engine performance' section.
    Does propper adjustment of a blow off valve not affect the performance of the engine? I didnt ask to be flamed i was askin for help if u dont have any id appreciate not getting a response.
    Thanks pete
    PS yes i know i get annoyed easily when i ask for help and get have sumone mok me
    2002 black wrx BuGeYe
    Smokey the bear "Protect our friends damn it"

Up-pipe definitly...

the stock bpv will get a little louder with the upipe and downpipe also... just keep putting money into other things and your desire for a BOV should start to disapate.. Thats my advice
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by airsofter69
    I didnt ask to be flamed i was askin for help if u dont have any id appreciate not getting a response.
    Dude, you need to chill. No one was flaming you.

Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    Dude, you need to chill. No one was flaming you.
    well then i appologize its just i dont really care for sarcastic responses when if i dont get this adjusted right i could mess my car up thats all but thanks
    Pete
    2002 black wrx BuGeYe
    Smokey the bear "Protect our friends damn it"

Quote Originally Posted by airsofter69
    well then i appologize its just i dont really care for sarcastic responses when if i dont get this adjusted right i could mess my car up thats all but thanks
    Pete
    The best adjustment is to take it off the car. Your car will run better with the stocker. Do you want performance or "whooosh" noises? That's not a flame, it's a valid question.

You could do it, and it would make a semi-nasty but loud 'bov noise' but the car would idle like poop and probably leak boost under load. Maybe if you crushed the casing a bit it would help, but honestly, if you must have the sound, just stick with an aftermarket atmospheric valve; better yet, just keep the stocker and recirculate it. With an open intake it's definitely audible.
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

MMM another show off valve thread. The stock one works fine, but may not have the attraction factor.

The stock BOV is actually quite audible if you have an intake and silencer removed. More boost also means it'll be louder. Of course more boost and a short-ram should only be there if you're running a new turbo and an FMIC
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

Quick question about Worx bov

Recently, i've been offered by someone
    for trading my hks bov for his worx crinkled red bov.
    of course i said yes, since i got tired of my whistle-ish sound hks.
    haha anyways, I've been informed about how
    worx are adjustable for recirc.
    i currently have only gutted downpipe and Sti exhaust set up..
    i dunno what recirc setting i should run with when i get worx.
    anyone give me some info? heh
    03' C i

I set my internal spring on the loosest setting, and it blows off at anything over 3k. You'll need a 9/64th allen key to get to it. Experiment with different settings on the rotating ring; they're all fine.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

don't do it.
    1.) it will run like crap
    2.) it will sound like crap

why are you interested in this? you don't like how the HKS sounds but you want something louder than stock?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.