"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 347
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; WHOA! Way to bump a 1.5 year old thread! For the last time, the BOV on the World One WRX ...

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    WHOA! Way to bump a 1.5 year old thread! For the last time, the BOV on the World One WRX (iv30's old car) is a HKS SSQ on a greddy FMIC. Different inserts create different sounds.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah, i didnt even mean to bump it. i realized it was old after i posted...haha...

what turbo was he running in that video?

BOV = blow of valve CAI= cold air intake

WORX Dual Stage BOV

So does anyone on the boards have a WORX Dual Stage BOV installed on their WRX?
    I have a few questions after reading what a vender told me about them....

1) How is the sound, what other bovs does it compare too? Low or high pitched?
    2) Supposively there are about 30 different settings....does this mean the lowest would be more of a recirculating and the highest would be most atmospheric? Does the setting change the Sound in any way?

Im still trying to get alot of information about the wrx in general, before I start modding my own once I get one. I know that many people are against aftermarket bovs, but please try and stick to answering my two questions. Thank you, all is appreciated.
    -Patrick

2.) i would assume the more it vents to the atmosphere, the louder it will be, vice versa.

Yea thats what I was thinking...thanks

i have the older model ... same thing though ... anyways i have it on the loudest setting and i have to really get on it to hear it cept when its cold then it can get decently loud ... if you are wanting a loud one dont get worx b/c you will disapointed but if you want a good bov that isnt annoying and recirc then worx is for you

if you've never heard it, there's sound clips on the site. one of the best 50/50 BOVS out there from what i hear. ive never heard it in person, but from the videos, it sounds like a loud HISSSSS.

www.worxtuning.com

so when u buy the bov kits.. do they come with the plugs or what?
    2004 WRB WRX
    -Turbo guage
    -Short Shifter
    -Premium Package
    -RS-Limited Ricochet 18" Gunmetal w/ Polished Lip
    -TeiN S Techs
    -Turbo XS RFL Exhaust
    -Alpine IVA-D300 MMS
    -Alpine 2005 Type-R's (2 12's)
    -MA Audio 3600 watt digital Amp (Mono)

"My lugnuts Require more Torque than your Honda Creates"

I purchased my BOV kit to be WRX specific, so everything was included in the box. Super easy install. Have fun.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

BOV adjustment help

Just for reference when i rev it in my driveway and let it release it sounds fine.also when i drive and **** it sounds fine. but the problem comes when say im in a high gear and i start to go and i get boost up and let off the gas it sounds shaky and crappy. So im just wonderingif ya guys have a technique for adjusting the BOV. Btw its a greddy type s runnin 100% atmo. Im gunna put the recirc kit in eventually. Thanks for the help guys
    Pete
    2002 black wrx BuGeYe
    Smokey the bear "Protect our friends damn it"

Stock Bov sound?

Ok i have an idea. I have a HKS ssqv Bov and i was wondering if i put the stock one on but didnt leave the tubing for the recirculation on it will it make a sound or anything good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by BAMchart
    Ok i have an idea. I have a HKS ssqv Bov and i was wondering if i put the stock one on but didnt leave the tubing for the recirculation on it will it make a sound or anything good or bad?

It will not sound like a BOV as it releases the boost really fast out of a pretty big hole.

It's not very loud but you know its there, you can adjust it easily, just reach in and spin the collar to 100% recirc all the way to 100% atmosphere. I keep mine on 50/50, works fine, although everyone keeps telling me it doesn't help at all over stock BOV.
    Of course, I just blew my engine somehow, see my post: "I think I blew something up!"
    Roger L
    F15DOC
    2003 WRX - Sold
    1995 3000GT VR4 Spyder
    199 Mercedes Benz CLK430
    http://gemini.tntech.edu/~trthompson21/SPYDER3.GIF

Stock BOV?

Well my question is how do I get that BOV Sound from the stock BOV? and if its not capable of making that sound, then which is the best for a mild but audible sound. I currently have a 2005 WRX with a K&N drop in filter and the silencer delete and soon I'll have a catless down pipe and catless midpipe .
    Another question is where do i get those O2 sensor deletes for both front and back cats?, and is the front sensor a O2 sensor or what? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.