"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 338

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had one and it did the exact same thing. Sometimes it would blow off and sometimes it wouldn't. This ...

GFB....sell it

I had one and it did the exact same thing. Sometimes it would blow off and sometimes it wouldn't. This pissed me off so much that I wrote to GFB and never heard back from them. I was tired of hearing my stock turbo "giggle" from the bov not opening so I sold it. It just seems that GFBs do this for some reason.

My 2 cents
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GIDDYupREX
    Also check that little hose that runs to it (might be vaccum?). Mine was pinched and it created all kinds of problems.

That or if you've got a boost gauge hooked up to it verify that it's reading boost, one of the hoses could have popped off and that could cause the BOV to not work.

easy fix. Took off the BOV and took it apart. it was all dirty and greasy, cleaned it off, put it back together and it works like new again. bling bling. thanks for all the help guys, you guys are the best!
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

Quote Originally Posted by autowagon
    funny, thought your point was that for every tank of gas you were running lean for the distance of 3.18 miles. the whole calculation being rediculous and humerous, you'd still preffer to put something on your car that is a gamble.
    apparently his "gamble" paid off, he is not loosing any fuel efficiency, and no codes...
    How do you like me now??

Quote Originally Posted by HiCkS
    here is my experience with my car running lean with an intake

before TXS shorty intake 322 miles on 1 tank of gas 93 octane (gas light on) / 15.9 gal tank (carsdirect.com)

equals = 20.3 miles per gallon

After TXS shorty intake 326 miles on 1 tank of gas 93 octane with gas light on / 15.9 gal tank

equals = 20.5 miles per gallon

0.2 miles per gallon X 15.9 gallons = 3.18 miles difference

of course i am only speculating on when the car will run out of gas with the gas light on, but im pretty sure the manual says there is like 2.3 gallons or something like that left in the tank when the light comes on. either way the numbers to me are too small and too close to say that the car is running lean. Technically is it? yes, but its not anywhere near the danger zone.

just my 2cents

btw i dont have a blow off valve, and dont want one
    Just for everyone's knowledge, the information posted above is not how cars are tuned, nor is it scientific. Without an AFR and EGT guage, as well as a careful eye monitoring both, it is impossible for someone to say that their car is "fine". Long term engine damage doesn't happen in 5 WOT passes, it's cumulative.

that's gas light on method is flawed. I've actually had the gas light come on with 1/4 tank left. Wherever the level sensor is its DEFINATELY influenced by the angle of the road you're on, and who knows what else. A more accurate comparison would be to measure the amount of gas put in to the second or third auto shut-off (just to make sure its really is full) rather than assume toat gas light on = 15.9 gallons. its too inconsistent.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Sound clip of the tial bov

I was wondering if anybody had a sound clip of the tial bov, I've heard it on supras but not on a wrx, does it sound the same and what are your thoughts on it.

bov and intake on 05 wrx

I know these two mods are more for sound then anything else, and in some cases actually hurt performance, but is there an intake and or a bov for a 05 wrx that will not hurt performance without a tune?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Anyone's stock BOV gotten louder

I have been running basically a stage 2 for like 6 months now, with up, tbe, em, and recently i noticed that my stock BOV is alot louder, and people keep askin me if i got an aftermarket model. anyone notice this before?

Hack your intake silencer and replace air filter with the K/N drop in filter($40-50 air filter),

BOVS, stay with stock. You can buy recirculating BOVs but you can either invest it on an uppipe/downpipe combo.
    *Cobb Stg. II/93*

if you were going to get an intake, at least get an up pipe downpipe first. i would probly get the K&N, or the perrin. stick with short rams.

my stock bov is actually pretty loud with a up pipe and short ram. i wouldnt waste money on a new bov because mine sounds just as good.

they always get louder with more mods. if you did the silencer delete mod then you can really hear the stocker

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin
    they always get louder with more mods. if you did the silencer delete mod then you can really hear the stocker

ok, I KNOW it gets louder after the install, but its gotten really loud all of a sudden

Registered User killthelights14's Avatar

How to make stock BOV louder?

I always hear about the trick to make the stock bov louder. can anyone explain?... i wanna go do it
    02 wrb wrx stock turbo fmic 26 psi (it can be done)

remove the intake silencer. aka snorkus...go to scoobymods.com, you will find instructions there....simple job.

oh ya, stock valve = BPV (bypass valve, not bov, fyi)