"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 334
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; take a minute and look at teh stickies on the parts fo teh forum....

take a minute and look at teh stickies on the parts fo teh forum.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dyno tune my man, dyno tune, it fixes all!!!
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

I Support ClubWRX
    This subject has been touched on a few times. An intake will make your car run lean at higher rpms. A BOV makes it run rich between shifts. The points that they occur are different, thus they will not cancel each other out.

nope, it couldn't be if the problem was not recreateable. sounds electrical to me. i have had a few "unexplainable" moments that i can only point to ecu mistakes. i find that aftermarket bov's run perfect when run hard, its everything in between that dosent live up to stock.

Like andrew said...they don't act at the same time. Please search in the future...this is like asking a jew "don't you guys have a holiday with a big candle holder in december?" It's like....basic WRX knowledge.

If you really really want a blow-off valve, get a recirculating one. I have had 4 blow-off vavles and the Worx adjustable one is the best.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

If you think the problem is your blow off valve, spend 20 minutes of your time working on your car to diagnose it. Put the stock one back on, drive around the block, see if the problem still happens. Owning a car with modifications that many people have proven to cause problems involves more than just asking others on the internet. If you notice something, do some self diagnosis so you have an idea of how things work. At the very least you'll either realize your aftermarket BOV is crap or you'll get really good at swapping in the stocker. either way....don't let me hurt your feelings when I say this, but figure it out yourself.

~Tim

exactly WHEN did the jerk occur? right before throttle lift/clutch? during the rowing of the gears? during throttle tip-in and reapplication of power after the gear change? any CEL?

Quote Originally Posted by ride5000
    exactly WHEN did the jerk occur? right before throttle lift/clutch? during the rowing of the gears? during throttle tip-in and reapplication of power after the gear change? any CEL?
    it occured when i let off the gas/put the clutch in. I decreased the spring pressure in the bov, it is a turboxs rfl, and haven't had any problems since. When it happened the cel flashed but went back off once i got it under control again. I went and had my codes checked today to see if it recorded anything but it didn't.

i did do a self diagnosis, figured it was my bov, but i was just checking to see if anyone had ever had this problem before and to see if there was anything else simple i might have overlooked to check. sry, my first post wasn't very specific that i had already done a quick diagnostic myself.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Yeah, that pretty much sounds like the BOV needs more spring pressure. Didn't mean to sound snippy....but it's very common/infuriated to get the "omg I modded my car and now it doesn't feel perfect anymore" threads and lose it on them

I had the same problems with the RFL. Its now sitting on my desk right next to me. No problems anymore
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    I had the same problems with the RFL. Its now sitting on my desk right next to me. No problems anymore
    did you try adjusting the spring pressure? i have a feeling i will be swapping mine off when i get home too.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

here is my experience with my car running lean with an intake

before TXS shorty intake 322 miles on 1 tank of gas 93 octane (gas light on) / 15.9 gal tank (carsdirect.com)

equals = 20.3 miles per gallon

After TXS shorty intake 326 miles on 1 tank of gas 93 octane with gas light on / 15.9 gal tank

equals = 20.5 miles per gallon

0.2 miles per gallon X 15.9 gallons = 3.18 miles difference

of course i am only speculating on when the car will run out of gas with the gas light on, but im pretty sure the manual says there is like 2.3 gallons or something like that left in the tank when the light comes on. either way the numbers to me are too small and too close to say that the car is running lean. Technically is it? yes, but its not anywhere near the danger zone.

just my 2cents

btw i dont have a blow off valve, and dont want one
    www.kiowapilots.com

I love my HKS SSQV
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

Quote Originally Posted by zapman
    did you try adjusting the spring pressure? i have a feeling i will be swapping mine off when i get home too.
    The day before Itook the bov off I took the spring and stretched it and put it back in. It seemed to solve the problem. My tuner said that the turboxs spring weakens after a while. I just took it off so I wouldent get any more idle problems this winter. I think ill put it back on in about a month when it warms up.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.