"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 329

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by boosted scoob It's connected to the turbo inlet hose. Undo it from there. You also need needle ...

Quote Originally Posted by boosted scoob
    It's connected to the turbo inlet hose. Undo it from there.
    You also need needle nose pliers to unclip it because its a b!tch and a half to get off.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by soysauce714
    I NEED HELP!!

I just bought a used greddy type s. It only came with the bov and the flange for the WRX. I uninstalled the stock bov and plugged up the big black hose that use to connect to the stock bov, and also connected the lil vacuum line to the Greddy bov. After installation, my car would idle funkily, it went up and down up and down and then the car would die. My car then threw a CEL code, but I reset the ecu with the stock BOV and things are ok now. I was wondering what could be wrong with it? could it be, that I didnt PLUG up that big black hose tightly? I tried using two objects to plug it in. Thanks!! I NEED HELP!
    you have or had a leak. make sure all is tight ,and you will be fine

tighten the **** out of the vacuum hose on top of the bov, its probably a little loose. i used a dumby cap off of a 1 gallon gas tank to plug my recirc. hose.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

I have the greddy type s BOV, Make sure you are connecting your vacumn to the top inlet connector, the greddy has 2 one on the side and on on the purple top. Also You SHOULD run it with the recirc kit, You won't hear the shuuush sound but your car won't run as rich and you won't have those idle issues, You will find that your car will start stalling around corners and comming down off the power. GL
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Can't you have the BOV 100% atmospheric and it be ok as long as you have your car tuned for it?

figured it out!! hehe... the bov works great, thanks!

Hks Bov

Where can i find the hks bov? and does it come with the flange to fit our cars?

I searched but didnt find anything on here.

lies all lies!

HKS BOV

also read the sticky about BOVs & first mods.

you can make the car alot faster for the same price as that BOV which wont do **** for ya.

do the BOV later down the road.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

no i meant i couldnt find a website that had them for a decent price

sorry i should have said that

I have 1 forsale. PM me if you interested.

what was it?
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Talk to Garret @ Worldone. He is selling them for a reasonable price.

Have you checked out the Vender FS forum?

You got to remember the HKS is more pricey then others.
    FS: 02 WRX with JDM V7 RA-C

AVO BOV adjustment

Hi, iv done a search and looked for a online instuction manuel.

I have the avo recirc bov. i started it all the way tight and it was just like stock i think. now i have it all the way loose with around 1/2 turn(after you can feel it just push up against the piston) you can hear it pretty well with the hood up and pressing on the gas. and you can hear it alright under load. But i dont get any sound when i let of the gas suddonly at low boost. I think it recirc's that air.

Will it get louder when i put in a gpmoto silencer delete?(yes i like the noise call it ricer if you must)

Is it ok to have it loose(the only way to get sound), am i running too rich?

im still hitting 12lbs in first around 14.2 in second and 16.5 by the end of third(stage 1) so im not loosing boost. and NO yes NO wastegate fludder, which makes me happy.

Oh yeah BTW the BOV was a PITA to install, i had to remove the IC to get the recirc hose out enough to be able to screw it into the new BOV man was i pissed. oh well its in now.

thanks in advance,
    -marc
    Last edited by GIRex; 03-01-2005 at 08:50 PM.
    Handling: Kyb AGX struts, Tein springs, camber bolts, Alignment -1.3F/-1.0R
    Looks: Gold powder coated stockers, Tint 30%F/20%rear, Infinity speakers, Sony deck
    Future mods: Legacy GT
    Car domain:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/852175

Performance from BOV? ...Yes

Alright, I had a theory and it has been proven true for me, I want to verify my notes with everyone else. So if anyone can contribute info on this...bring it.

I put a Blitz intake on my car and recieved great gains...but started getting a little pinging on the top end of the RPM band in each gear. I am sure this is because of the lean condition that some intakes are known for giving.

I had heard that a 100% atmospheric BOV would cause a rich condition at the top of each gear (durring shifts). So I got a HKS SSQV. And I can't say I have recieved any 'gains' but I sure havn't seen any performance losses. And as for the motor...I don't have the top end pinging anymore.

Anyone that can verify similar results post them. I would be curious to know if the people that have had performance problems with a 100% atmospheric valve, if they have an intake? I think the combination of the 2 makes them balance out.

bump,
    this would be interesting to find out, btw how much and where did you get your hks ssqv from? they are quite $$$ from most places
    Meow listen here!