"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 328

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You can run that BOV fine, just get a recirculation kit to keep the engine happy. Once done, its a ...

You can run that BOV fine, just get a recirculation kit to keep the engine happy. Once done, its a better valve than stock, whether you are running the extra boost or not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    <wipes Trainrexgoo off of face...>
    I should sig that....

I tried going through greddy and they never answer me nor give me the time of day. I just got a phone number for an authorized dealer so I'm gonna try calling them next. If all else fails I'll just give it back to my friend. thanx for the help!

I believe you can order the recirc kit for the WRX seperate.

And guys...come on....he's asking where to pick up the recirc kit...not asking for advice on whether or not he made a good purchase decision. Let's just help answer his question.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

email sales at gruppe-s.com they should have a flange for you.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I haven't heard too many tales of people adapting BOV's from different cars to the WRX. Not saying it's a bad idea, just that there's probably a reason for it.

Since you said that you're a newbie to turbocharged engines, I'll go ahead and throw in the obligatory comment about BOV's not being a true performance mod for an otherwise stock WRX.
    Hmmm... true, but yea, i already knew it doesnt do ****. That's why I really don't wanna get it new. But if i have to i will (if and when i get my wrx!!! lol). Like trainrex said, its all about the "psshhhtt" sound lol. I wanna make pple turn heads... and better yet, make pple turn heads without speeding

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I should sig that....
    [/worthlesspost]
    Hey baby, wanna go pick up some groceries?

Scooby24...thanks for the post I've been ripped apart from people on other forums when all i wanted to know is if i could get the part ....wasnt looking to be told not to get a bov

EtherealWRX...I e-mailed Gruppe-S. I'll post when i get an answer form them cause I know I'm not the only one who was looking for this! thanks

Bov Help!!

I NEED HELP!!

I just bought a used greddy type s. It only came with the bov and the flange for the WRX. I uninstalled the stock bov and plugged up the big black hose that use to connect to the stock bov, and also connected the lil vacuum line to the Greddy bov. After installation, my car would idle funkily, it went up and down up and down and then the car would die. My car then threw a CEL code, but I reset the ecu with the stock BOV and things are ok now. I was wondering what could be wrong with it? could it be, that I didnt PLUG up that big black hose tightly? I tried using two objects to plug it in. Thanks!! I NEED HELP!

btw, do u know where I could find a PLUG for that big black hose?

You def need a plug, mine did not come with one b/c it was used. I went to the local race shop and they sold me one out of another box and reordered a new one for the box.

if the recirculation hose is not plugged up correctly, what are some of the symptoms??

When installed ( greddy type S bov ) the idle when up and down couple times and then the car just died. Is that the symptom??

Here is what you do...

Go to Home Depot. Go to the plumbing section. Find the rubber drain stopper thing with the wingnut on top. Take the cecirc tube in to make sure you get the correct diameter and buy it. Works great and only costs $2.00.

It works great cause the giant wingnut compresses the rubber piece against a circullar metal plate which makes it expand. So it can be wedged in the recirc tube and expanded. It will make a tight seal and will not fall out.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

how do u remove recirc tube?

Quote Originally Posted by soysauce714
    how do u remove recirc tube?
    It's connected to the turbo inlet hose. Undo it from there.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake