"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 327
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by TeKiZeRo What about the crucial racing downpipe? Check them, out on sale now. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...hlight=crucial...

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TeKiZeRo
    What about the crucial racing downpipe?

Check them, out on sale now. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...hlight=crucial

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Exhaust Video/Sound Clips

check out all the different vids and see which one looks, sounds, and performs best....

can you run a hks ssq bov with utec sti stage 2

can you use the hks bov when im running stage 2. or do i have to part with it.

yes. But why would you.

BOV Universal?

Hey Guys, I got a quick question. I don't know much about turbocharged engines as of right now but... Are BOV's universal? Cause my friend's cousin has an MR2 turbo, and is thinking of getting a new car this summer. So before he gets rid of his car, i might want to get the BOV on it. He has an HKS SSQV. Are there only one type of SSQV, or is there a certain model for each car? Thanks.

You'll neeed the flange that fits up to the WRX intercooler, but other than that its the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    You'll neeed the flange that fits up to the WRX intercooler, but other than that its the same thing.
    ooo... well do you know if/where i can get the flange just for the wrx? if so, how much?

Question need help with bov...

bov question.....I'm probably just slow
    I have the Greddy Type-S bov....It was a gift from my friends left over project car. I'm trying to source out just the adapter flange to mount to the stock location without having to weld on my '04 WRX. I'm not to interested in the whole recirc part of the kit. So far any sites that I've been given have come up empty. Any help would be very much appreciated in finding a legitimate adapter flange(not weld-on) for the car without buying the full kit with bov.

did you give greddy a call or a greddy authorized dealer

If your friend is ok with it, sell it and get an up pipe, the only way the Type S is going to do anything for you, is when you're fully recirculating, and that's something a stock 1g can do, you'll get more power and sound out of an up pipe, you'll like it trust me.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Google sound familiar? I dont wanna sound like a jackass, but freaking research the stuff yourself! Its not that hard!
    ericmarkpaul: i pooed myself last night while i was sleeping!

I Support ClubWRX
    I haven't heard too many tales of people adapting BOV's from different cars to the WRX. Not saying it's a bad idea, just that there's probably a reason for it.

Since you said that you're a newbie to turbocharged engines, I'll go ahead and throw in the obligatory comment about BOV's not being a true performance mod for an otherwise stock WRX.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I haven't heard too many tales of people adapting BOV's from different cars to the WRX. Not saying it's a bad idea, just that there's probably a reason for it.

Since you said that you're a newbie to turbocharged engines, I'll go ahead and throw in the obligatory comment about BOV's not being a true performance mod for an otherwise stock WRX.
    Cmon Ray, it's all about teh PSSSSSHHHHTTT!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh geez Andrew, you spit all over me... <wipes Trainrexgoo off of face...>
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.