"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 325

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by WRXcelration an aftermarket bov is not needed for a stock rex...the stock bypass valve is good up ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    an aftermarket bov is not needed for a stock rex...the stock bypass valve is good up to about 17 psi....if you get any bov get a recirculating one because if you get an atmospheric bov you will mess up the A/F....do a search and you will find alot more info

yup, bov's are not good for stock wrx's
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

.....search button.......

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    .....search button.......
    I didn't know they made one. Is it loud? Will it make my car run like isht?

I have the HKS SSQV and it is great. I really like it. It was a very simple bolt on piece. There is lots of info on this subject, and lots of very strong opinions. It is a sound only item on a WRX, other cars are said to benefit from them. It has not hurt any air-fuel ratios or anything with 10+ months of use. There are more worthless ways to spend your money, and mine was the intake elbow. Did absolutely, 100% nothing. The K & N drop in filter did all this mod was supposed to do. There are much better ways to spend your money. Up Pipe jumps to mind. For me I started with simple things before I was confident enough to move up to more aggressive wrenching. Read up, lots of info to find out here, have fun.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Worx Tuning NEW DScomp BOV

I just got the BRAND NEW Worx Tuning DScomp BOV on my car and i love it. I have the first one produced. I am still in the break-in period of the BOV so it is not at loud as it will be. I used to have the APS BOV. The WORX bov is louder than the APS one. It is not that loud of a BOV compared to HKS or any other loud ones but is just enough for me. It is nice to have all of the spring adjustment that comes with this BOV. I'd recomend this BOV for anyone who is looking for a bov and likes GREAT craftsmanship. They stand behind all of their parts and if anything is wrong they would be more than happy to help anyone and answer any questions about it. Here is is a picture of the bov on my car.
    go to their site for any other questions

www.worxtuning.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BOV on my car.bmp  

so how is it different than the regular Worx BOV that i have
    What spring setup do you have, and did you notice wastegate flutter???
    I get it on any setting other than the most loose one, but than the piston doesn't close all the way right away.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

a picture larger than my eyeball would be quite nice!!

Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

rallymaniac:
    The one way that mine is different it that if you go to their website and find that blow off valve there is a screwlike knob that you can turn and adjust the springrate along with the amount of blowoff into the atmosphere. So there is 2 adjustments rather than your one i believe.

gusto:
    The picture of the BOV on my car is the pic that they have on their website. I realized that the picture was tiny after i had posted. Here is the link.

http://www.worxtuning.com/newsite/index.htm

i had the turboxs type h bov and when i took it off to sell i noticed the car was driving much better. im not sure with hks one so i cant say anything about it. but from my expericence with mine. id leave it off cause it drives better. but of course the sound is always cool. haha
    [SLEEPER]
    [noun] A high performance street car with an inconspicuous, stock outward appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    I don't have the stock one if I do take this off is it ok to just take it off without puting the oroginal one back on?
    Thanks
    No
    2005 PSM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by dubya05
    rallymaniac:
    The one way that mine is different it that if you go to their website and find that blow off valve there is a screwlike knob that you can turn and adjust the springrate along with the amount of blowoff into the atmosphere. So there is 2 adjustments rather than your one i believe.

gusto:
    The picture of the BOV on my car is the pic that they have on their website. I realized that the picture was tiny after i had posted. Here is the link.

http://www.worxtuning.com/newsite/index.htm
    oh, so i see they made it easier now, because on the old one you can adjust the spring too but you need to unscrew the top of the BOV to do it.
    Anyway, i don't like it, they say it's an only one BOV built specifically for the WRX but on the factory spring setting you get Turbo surge and if you try the lighter setup the piston doesn't close all the way at idle.
    I'm seriously thinking about selling it now
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

More Power!

i need to make more power for my sti, can someone suggest something? can i do any internals for it?

Perhaps you could explain what you have already done to the car and what your goals are. Did you read the stickies?

bone stock sti w/ hks bov

i want to start with an exhaust, can you recommend anything?

Read the stickies - you'll find a ton of information on exhausts. The "search" button is your friend.

The easiest way to get more power for your STI, is a turboback exhaust and engine managment (like Cobb Accessport).