"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 324
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well my car runs fine at Idle.. maybe becuase I had it custome tuned? I dunno.. ya it gets abit ...

Banned

thanks

Well my car runs fine at Idle.. maybe becuase I had it custome tuned? I dunno.. ya it gets abit anoying sometimes but I like it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

biggist problem with bov aftgermarket is that some people crank them down causing the waste gate to fludder. yep that = turbo trying to spin in the wrong direction. if it's on there right i would say no worries.
    2002 wagon 83k miles
    perrin short ram, inlet & fmic, perrin / samco hoses and fuel rails, bosal dp. erz upp, borla catback, sti ra gears w/ stock 5th, act clutch & fly, vf30, AP, perrin end links, critical cooling kit, hks bov, perrin 4pot brakes, rota wheels, hid w/ levals

Racenut3.0 - said
    "The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!"

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid gti 2
    biggist problem with bov aftgermarket is that some people crank them down causing the waste gate to fludder. yep that = turbo trying to spin in the wrong direction. if it's on there right i would say no worries.
    That's exactly what happens to me.
    I have Worx BOV and it came set on the second from the easiest spring level. When i had it on 100% atmo it was almost stalling because the piston in BOV would not close vents fast enough after letting off the gas, and also it had some waste gate flutter. so i adjusted it to the middle spirng setup (stiffer) and the idle was ok but flutter became even worse and valve would not vent enough. Idle was better but i didn't want to kill my turbo. Went to the most easy sprint setup and flutter almost dissapered but idle is even worse. If you drive it on 100% recirc it's fine. So i went back to Worx-factory-spring-setup and now i don't know whether to sell it because there is no point of keeping it if i want to run 100% recirc, or to sell it. ???
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    I don't have the stock one if I do take this off is it ok to just take it off without puting the oroginal one back on?

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I Support ClubWRX
    Wouldnt that be something interesting.....you really dont need any kind of bov do yeah? No aftermarket no stocker....toss em all.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

yeah but the question is what are you gonna cover the hole in the IC with ??
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I Support ClubWRX
    If a mod can cross post this in tutorial that would be great

1.First you have to get a crappy 5 dollar metric 1/4 drive set at pep boys
    2.Then you have to remove old bov and hoses
    3.While at pep boys you need to get some duct tape and JB weld
    4.Remove the factory BOV that you dont need anymore
    5.Apply a thin layer of duct tape over any/all holes created (If you want to go with the smooth look cover up the bolt holes that hold the BOV on)
    6.Apply a HEAPING helping of JBweld to all holes. Allow time to set up.
    7.Take a small air grinder and clean up the weld. Dont put to much pressure on the weld for it might not hold.
    8.Stand back and admire your handwork for removing your BOV... you have yourself a true sleeper and not to mention the weight you saved.

Easy enough rallymanic
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

omg, you bastard, now that i have time to do it i may actually try it
    and i'll save some time because i aready have $5 drive set
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    1.First you have to get a crappy 5 dollar metric 1/4 drive set at pep boys
    2.Then you have to remove old bov and hoses
    3.While at pep boys you need to get some duct tape and JB weld
    4.Remove the factory BOV that you dont need anymore
    5.Apply a thin layer of duct tape over any/all holes created (If you want to go with the smooth look cover up the bolt holes that hold the BOV on)
    6.Apply a HEAPING helping of JBweld to all holes. Allow time to set up.
    7.Take a small air grinder and clean up the weld. Dont put to much pressure on the weld for it might not hold.
    8.Stand back and admire your handwork for removing your BOV... you have yourself a true sleeper and not to mention the weight you saved.
    Kiss your compressor wheels goodbye when the system needs to let off pressure

nah, little pressure havn't killed anyone yet
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Banned

so If I take it off

I need to do all that? I can't just take it off and leave it like that?

Leave it on!
    Cops with STI's...What is this world coming to?

if you have HKS SSQV, buy the HKS recirc kit and make it recirculate its only 12 bucks. WRX BOV operation is like a 4min procedure.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Bov

whats a good BOV for a stock 05 WRX???

an aftermarket bov is not needed for a stock rex...the stock bypass valve is good up to about 17 psi....if you get any bov get a recirculating one because if you get an atmospheric bov you will mess up the A/F....do a search and you will find alot more info
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.