"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 320
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh I recommend this one. http://www.takakaira.com/accessories...ightpager.html I'm getting mine today!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh

I'm getting mine today!!!
    "It only takes a moment to change your attitude, & at that moment it will change your life."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the HKS SSQV,and I know but I still like it especially the sound.
    "Failure is an orphin, sucsees has many fathers's"

I also really like my HKS SSQV. It only makes noise under boost, not just revving the engine.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I was looking the the HKS SSQV, but they are pretty expensive, and i wasnt looking to spend that much, because I am trying to save up for a UTEC. Im pretty sure it is also weld on, and i need a BOLT ON one, so i can take it on and off.

Anyways, I bought a TurboXS type H-RFL BOV from a guy on this site. $90.00 for the BOV and the Suabru WRX bolt on adapter kit.

Is that a good deal?
    Is that a decent BOV?

I just need those couple questions answered please.

Thanks Rick

I don't believe the HKS is a weld on.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

stock. Until you have a fmic and a FP green!!!!
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Dizzle
    Im pretty sure it is also weld on, and i need a BOLT ON one, so i can take it on and off.
    they make weld on bov's?
    Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    while you carpe diem, tell her to carpe deez nuts.
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

The HKS has a bolt on adapter just like the Turbo XS one. 90$ sounds like a pretty good deal on it. Yes, engine management is a great thing to be saving for!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

cmo

Another BOV question...

This has probably already been answered but ive been searching for it and found no results so im asking. A while ago i recieved a greddy type s bov as a gift and am running a stock turbo with stock boost. I know i dont need it but it was a gift and i couldnt really sell it..... im not that rude, but anyway; I had this thing on the softest setting and it held boost just fine and released just fine under high boost levels but under low boost, when i let off the gas or shifted, i would hear a fluttering. I tried looking it up and found only one thread about it and it said the fluttering was the BOV not opening all the way creating compressor surge or back pressure going back into the turbo - which is bad of course. Just making sure if thats right. If its not at all and i can put it back on that would be great. Thanks.

well fluttering sound is usually compressor surge, ive never read anyone haveing it on a stock car but it could be your problem, which isnt good for your turbo

does it have an adjustable spring/washers or something to play with?

cmo
    ya - it has come adjustable springs but a couple of guys said that i didnt need to mess with it since the stock boost pressure was farely high. I also notice that other cars such as a supra and a skyline have this flutter- i kno these are much different than the wrx but i was just wondering if it really is compressor surge.

If its under really low boost it shouldn't be a problem... But over 3 or 4 you may want to soften up the spring. The reason supras and such make the sound is because they have to have the spring stiff enough to hold the enormous amounts off boost, so under low boost situations it will not open....

I Support ClubWRX

Which BOV???

I searched and searched and couldn't find any BOV info. in here I've been really struggling with this decision. I know how badly my car needs a BOV because all the Honda guys said I need one. Which one will I like? Which one will scare elderley people into falling over their walkers?

This one: HERE
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.