"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 319
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; yup...youll be better off without the show off valve...

yup...youll be better off without the show off valve

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RitiK
    I want the added response and qauility of an aftermarket BOV, but i have heard that the car wont run well because of the MAF. What options do i have? What companies make a BOV that recirculates.

Thanks
    Please read the Engine Performance FAQ's located here:

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

There is a thread at the bottom called "What is the best BOV." All of your answers will be covered here.

i think we should put the engine performance FAQ in a 72 font bold text so people can see it better.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XxScoobYxX
    i think we should put the engine performance FAQ in a 72 font bold text so people can see it better.....
    I have been updating the Engine Performance FAQ to make it a little easier for n00bs to read. And yes, I think making it larger would help the semi-blind

greddy type-s , hks ssq recirculated, perrin, gfb, worx. theres a plethora of aftermarket bypass valves. id recommend forge by pass.

when you say bypass valves whats the benefit of upgrading to one of those from stock? That is only for higher boost situations correct, or are they not 100% recirculatory?

it's not gonna hurt your car but it's not gonna help, if you want the sound get a 100% atmo. buy one used, dont waste 2-300 on a brand new one
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

can we just call them show off valves from now on?

Quick BOV question

Ok, I have a 2004 Subaru WRX. I have full Greddy exhuast. A 3" downpipe, 3" uppipe, and 3" catback system. I also have AEM cold air intake, but i am going to get rid of that. I was looking for a BOV.

One guy on here is looking to sell me a TURBOXS type H-RFL BOV, and the full bolt on adapter kit, for my car. He says it is used, and has about 2000 miles on it, and he wants $90.00 shipped for it. Is this a good deal? Will this work good for my car even though my car is almost stock. I do not want to get a BOV that is too powerful for my car, or that will not work well with it.

If I could just get some feedback about this i would appreciate it.

Thanks Rick

Question Bov Suggestions Please

Hey i have a 2004 Suabru Wrx. I am going to get a BOV. What kind do you think is the best for the money. I was looking at the TurboXS ones, and the Go Fast Bits ones.

One guy wants to sell me a used TurboXS type h-rfl, with the full bolt on adapter kit for $90.00 Do you think that is a good deal? Is that a good BOV?

If i could just get a little feedback i would really appreciate it

Thank Rick

stock until you upgrade your turbo, then jdm STi to hold more boost.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

like everyone else is goin to say, keep the stock BOV, but if you really have your mind set on making some noise then do a search for BOV or blow off valves you will find tons and tons of info.....also from what i have read the worx and gfb bovs are pretty good.

If you really want the sound, and don't want to hear what's the best for your car I suggest the HKS SSQV bov. I love the sound it gives off, and I believe it's $275.

Goodluck with your decision.
    96 Honda Integra Type R
    97 Jeep Grand Cherokee (DD)
    02 Subaru WRX (sold)
    www.HirevImports.com
    Brandon@HiRevImports.com

Quote Originally Posted by krazyimpoRts
    If you really want the sound, and don't want to hear what's the best for your car I suggest the HKS SSQV bov. I love the sound it gives off, and I believe it's $275.

Goodluck with your decision.
    I 2nd the HKS if I was to get a BOV. (IF)

But I also choose stock.

J.D.
    "It only takes a moment to change your attitude, & at that moment it will change your life."

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.