"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 318

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not to rant or anything, but I just don't get aftermarket BOV that dump to atmoshphere without at least allowing ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Not to rant or anything, but I just don't get aftermarket BOV that dump to atmoshphere without at least allowing the owner to decide how much they can recirculate. I mean, there is a reason it's called a "recirc valve". Sound like your friend has a 100% BOV, with IMHO, is not the right equipment for the car. Ok..off my soapbox. To respond, he should just plug the now useless recirc hose.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Not to rant or anything, but I just don't get aftermarket BOV that dump to atmoshphere without at least allowing the owner to decide how much they can recirculate. I mean, there is a reason it's called a "recirc valve". Sound like your friend has a 100% BOV, with IMHO, is not the right equipment for the car. Ok..off my soapbox. To respond, he should just plug the now useless recirc hose.

Totally agree w/you No point in getting any aftermarket BOV until it is a necessary mod because of inefficiency; one with partial recirculation could be improvised if you 'must have' the sound.

The sound sure is cool though

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmo
    Totally agree w/you No point in getting any aftermarket BOV until it is a necessary mod because of inefficiency; one with partial recirculation could be improvised if you 'must have' the sound.

The sound sure is cool though
    True, but there are aftermarket BOV available for our cars now, rather than having to improvise. It's what I run...www.worxtuning.com. Dual stage recirc valve, fully adjustable for sound and recirc amounts.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I have seen the Worx BOVs before and I must say they are nice; I have heard many good things from people about the BOV as well. I still think it would be more practical to get a mod that made power rather than just make a sound

But that is just me.... Hey, what can I say? My first mod was a BOV as well, and I did regret it!

BOV install w/ pics?

hey guys...

i dont know if im just not using the right words to describe what im lookin for on the forums or what... but i cant find a BOV install with pics

can someone just throw me the link... thanks

Ro

03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

that awnsers nothing for me..

How hard can it be? Unbolt the stock blow-off valve with 12mm socket, unplug the hoses hooked up to it, plug the large hose with a plug if your aftermarket bov is 100% atmosphere, bolt up new blowoff valve, hook up hose and ziptie it. should take no more than 10 minutes.

This is very striaght forward. If you have atmospheric, it should come with a pug to fill the recirculation hose you pop the old one off and put the new one on. This is a very straightforward procedure. If you're keen, it should take no more than 5 minutes.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by CronoMasamune
    How hard can it be? Unbolt the stock blow-off valve with 12mm socket, unplug the hoses hooked up to it, plug the large hose with a plug if your aftermarket bov is 100% atmosphere, bolt up new blowoff valve, hook up hose and ziptie it. should take no more than 10 minutes.
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

just wondering what other mods do you have?

Hopefully not an AP, my bov didnt like it too well

what?

The low down on BOV??

I want the added response and qauility of an aftermarket BOV, but i have heard that the car wont run well because of the MAF. What options do i have? What companies make a BOV that recirculates.

Thanks

Keep your stocker. Or, if you want, PayPal me the $200+ you'll spend on an aftermarket one
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.