"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 317
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; RWU00313..how loud is it?(i saw the video clip, but you hear alot of the engine too, so i was just ...

RWU00313..how loud is it?(i saw the video clip, but you hear alot of the engine too, so i was just wondering how it is when the hoods down?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yep, thanks for the help

If it's the TXS RFL, trust me. It's loud. LOUD. Enough said. I personally like the sound of the HKS SSQV BOV and the Greddy-S 50/50 recirculation BOV. THe HKS SSQV can be made 100% recirculation with a recirculation kit provided by HKS upon order. The Greddy BOV running 50/50 is an awesome compromise for a BOV.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by EJpiston power
    so you're saying its not 100% for sure my car will be screwed if i get one. i keep thinking that if i get one, there goes scoob just because of a BOV and i fear that even if i take it off and put the stock pressure-relieving system back on subaru still wouldnt fix my car cause they'd know
    Relax, your car will be fine and won't blow up. As I said before, slight lag and engine stumbling between shifts is probably the worse you're going to experience. Long term affects of running rich usually include dirty valves, fouled spark plugs, and damage to catalytic converters (a fine reason to just go cattless! ) Whether you get a 100% atmospheric, 50/50 combo, or keep the stock recirculating valve, you will be fine. As for Subaru, they will not like the BOV. They released a statement not too long ago basically stating that they are now officially mod-nazis and will void your warranty without thinking twice.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The TXS Bov I have is not the RFL, its the Type H. Hood down....if you rev its the wanted pshhhh sound. When you driving depending on how much your pressing the gas and where you are in the RPM range it either sounds like a flutter, or a light psshh. Its quick sounding tho, its not as long and drawn out as the RFL or other Bovs. Honestly, inside the car its loud enough for you to hear and enjoy but definitely not obnoxious.

Another sound clip

Theres another clip on this website. http://www.fastwrx.com/index.html
    Click on intake and then click the RFL and Type H sound files. Both Clips however are when the car is revved, but you can definitely tell that the RFL is louder.
    Last edited by RWU00313; 12-29-2004 at 08:44 PM.

whats a good 50/50 valve? as far as the sound goes, im looking for a good "tsstt" sounds. one like in this video...http://www.hksusa.com/content/misc1759.wmv

Get the Greddy 50/50 Gruppe S sells it for like 230 bucks. GREAT BOV. End of story.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

i must suck....im looking all over for the greddy BOV, but i cant find it. im pretty sure im looking right at it. do you know if there are any sounds clips of it?

what about the HKS SSQV....think that'd be pretty bad for a stock turbo?

The SSQV won't be any worse for a stock turbo setup than any other 100% atmospheric BOV out there.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by EtherealWRX
    THe HKS SSQV can be made 100% recirculation with a recirculation kit provided by HKS upon order.

any way of makin it a 50/50? and anyone know how much the recirculation kit could be? think the SSQV would **** over the car without the recirculation kit? im know im askin it a billion times, but i dont wanna mess up my baby at all. i know Subaru probably wont do anything to fix it cuase they'll know i had a BOV

I Support ClubWRX
    what do you guys think...a TubroXS BOV? keep in mind im stuff running the stock turbo, but the BOV is for psi ranges of 10 - 25psi
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...threadid=22238

hey thanks alot KurleeDaddeeWRX, that board really answered alot of questions

I Support ClubWRX
    hey thanks alot KurleeDaddeeWRX, that board really answered alot of questions
    That and a lot of other repetitive questions that have been asked can be found in our Engine Performance FAQ's Page found here:

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.