"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 316
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; you have a broken BOV. get a new one HKS SSQV will cause turbo lag between shifts; there is no ...

you have a broken BOV. get a new one

HKS SSQV will cause turbo lag between shifts; there is no recirculation. I had the BOV and it was cool for the sound, but definitely made the car more sluggish after a shift. I sold it and put the stock one back on. With the silencer removed I could hear the turbo more and also the BOV, which was satisfactory for me.

The only time you really need to replace the BOV is when you are pushing so much boost and the stock BOV can't hang anymore.

Save the money and spend it on a downpipe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

04 Bov

Will a 04 BOV fit on a 03?

yeah, but get an airhorn. They're louder and more pimp.

Yes, it will fit. BOV's are universal on the different model year WRXs. The only difference is that some front mount intercoolers use specific blow off valves that will only fit those FMIC's.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Thanks

Did you hook up the line to the back of the BOV? Did you adjust the bolt on the back to loosen the spring tension?
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

fwiw, i often run 20 psi on the oem turbo, spools at about 3k. it holds it rather well through the midrange, starts dropping off at and tapers itself down to ~15 psi at redline. mods on www page. in the colder weather i generally dial it back a pound or two.

jm2c
    ken

ummm its listed in his signature he's running a VF22

edit: maybe I should read the rest of the posts in the thread before I make a comment that was already addressed 5 posts above mine
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

bov installation for 05 STi

this isnt for me, but my friend got a 05 STi like a week ago and got a p.i.t bov. he's about to install it but wanted to know what you do w/ the big hose (im guessing the hose that recirculates the air into the intake?) because there isnt any place to slip it into on the bov. do you just plug it and leave it?

im thinkin of....

what do you guys think...a TubroXS BOV? keep in mind im stuff running the stock turbo, but the BOV is for psi ranges of 10 - 25psi

i actually want a BOV thats got a sweeter sound to it instead of just air purging(spelling?) one like this http://www.hksusa.com/content/misc1759.wmv anyone have any suggestions that wont fry my turbo by not being able to recirculate air like it needs to

Quote Originally Posted by EJpiston power
    anyone have any suggestions that wont fry my turbo by not being able to recirculate air like it needs to
    Actually it's not your turbo that could potentially be damaged, it's your engine. BOVs starve your engine for air and cause you to run rich in between shifts. Most of the time this isn't an issue, but it can cause some slight turbo lag and occasional engine stumbling between shifts. Most people don't find it annoying enough to take off the BOV. There are some 50/50 valves out there that recirculate and make a noise too, but I couldn't tell you how well they work. Do a search, there are 9 zillion threads on this subject.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

TXS Bov Type H for Sale

EJ piston if your looking for a Good sounding TXS Bov I am selling mine for a good price everything included for setup with the stock turbo, and again it is basically Brand new. There are pics and clips of this bov in this thread.......http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87575

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseybacon
    Most of the time this isn't an issue, but it can cause some slight turbo lag and occasional engine stumbling between shifts.
    so you're saying its not 100% for sure my car will be screwed if i get one. i keep thinking that if i get one, there goes scoob just because of a BOV and i fear that even if i take it off and put the stock pressure-relieving system back on subaru still wouldnt fix my car cause they'd know

I am pretty sure that the STI bov setup is exactly the same as my 05 Wrx. If it is a recirculating Bov then it should be plumbed back into the intake, but if not then yes you should plug the opening. I know there are other threads talking about plugging the tube with a shower plug etc. Once it is plugged if its possible to put the hose clamp back on it would be a good idea, however when I had my Bov installed I didnt do this and it was perfectly fine. It should be a very simple install and I hope that I answered your question.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.