"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 312

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently bought a used hks ssq bov and it came with the flange the black hose connected to the ...

Question hks ssq bov install question.

I recently bought a used hks ssq bov and it came with the flange the black hose connected to the bov itself and the metal plug. I just wanted to ask if i'm going to need anything else and if you guys can give me tips on the easiest way to install it.

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I did this on my car, it is very easy. As you take off the stock BOV, put everything in the same place on the HKS one. It really is that easy. The plug is for the only hose big enough for it it fit into. I only needed a few tools, and the hardest thing was fiting the metal plug into the intake return hose. I just got it to fit into there as best as I cold, and it has been fine for 6-7 months. I checked on it in the beginning, but it was never changed position. VERY EASY install, just go do it and have fun.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    I did this on my car, it is very easy. As you take off the stock BOV, put everything in the same place on the HKS one. It really is that easy. The plug is for the only hose big enough for it it fit into. I only needed a few tools, and the hardest thing was fiting the metal plug into the intake return hose. I just got it to fit into there as best as I cold, and it has been fine for 6-7 months. I checked on it in the beginning, but it was never changed position. VERY EASY install, just go do it and have fun.
    Thanks for the response!! But did you have to take off the intercooler??

Hks Ssq Bov Flange Needed?

hks ssq flange needed. I have the blow off valve, with the evo flange, but i need to get the wrx flange. Anybody know where i can get one
    I LOVE WINTER!!!!

You don't have to take off the intercooler. Try not to install it after the car's been running. The genious that I am burned my hand on the intercooler cuz it was still hot...

Wink

I installed it last night and I love the sound!! thanks!!

Alright!! I hope you had fun during the work. I loved the install, it is fun even doing little things to you own car. I also enjoy the sound. How about baking and clearing your headlights now? It is another pretty straightforward mod that looks really good.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

bump
    I LOVE WINTER!!!!

you should be able to find graphite lubricant in any good bicle store.
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I think if you contact gruppe s or even HKS themselves you'll be able to obtain a flange to fit your car.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

bov question for all you pro techs...

im thinking of puting a hks ss bov on my 04' wrx..and before you go and say why? and you dont need it!...
    ive already made up my mind that i want one....so now heres the question...
    does the hks ss bov recirculate or can i buy the flange to make it recirculate? or is it strictly atmospheric? and if it is only atmos will that hurt my car?

thanks for your info, mike

the only thing a 100% atmo. bov will hurt is your back bumper once you go catless from all teh fireballs , i have one... and happen to love it
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

There is an recirculaiton hit available for the HKS SSQV valve, but buying one is pretty much pointless since your stock BOV already performs the same function. You'll also lose the happy sound when you install the recirculation kit as well, thus making it even more pointless. If you're stuck on an getting an HKS valve and just can't leave your stocker alone, forget the recirculation kit and leave at 100% atmospheric and be done with it.
    Last edited by cheeseybacon; 12-19-2004 at 08:06 PM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tuning Greddy Type S BOV

I have search and read through tons of threads on this subject, But I am at a loss. I have installed a new Type S BOV and I am currently running it in recirc with the kit it came with. I personally like hearing the happy sound and would prefer to run it 100% atmosphere. but ofcourse I am having problems with a rough idle and it has stalled a couple of times. I am not sure how to adjust the BOV correctly and would love some advice.
    TYI