"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 309

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Stock STi's run PIG rich. I'm talking less than 10:1 at WOT. If you were to run atmospheric on the ...

Stock STi's run PIG rich. I'm talking less than 10:1 at WOT. If you were to run atmospheric on the BOV you're going to go even richer in between shifts.

At the worst I'd run 50/50. You won't hear it much at all if you put it 100 recirc unless you do the intake silencer hack or just buy a cheap intake like the GPMoto.

Intakes work great on STi's because they lean out the car a little bit (still keeps it safe) and makes good power plus makes the turbo sound very good!
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have an aps cai that i will be adding at the same time. so which setting should i go with?
    05 Black STi

I have the worx bov, and run it at 25% atm 75% recirc. Any higher and it runs too rich and backfires more often. Just so you guys know, I have also noticed that I run .2-.4 slower in the 1/8mile as well as 2-3mph slower. When I'm at the track, I set the worx bov back at factory 100% recirc and constantly run quicker et's and higher mph. This bov coupled with the TurboXS intake makes one mean sounding vehicle, especially if you have a catless TXS exhaust. Hope my feedback helps!

is it best to keep it at 100% to not lose performance? does the car run normal like that?
    05 Black STi

Would a Stock WRX have that blow off sound?

I know it's retarded and I know it's a gimmick, and I know it doesn't help anything... But man I love that sound.

Does the stocker (WRX, not STI) make that sound at all? And what would I need for it to? I'm guessing a blow off valve (or wastegate or whatever). How much would that run me?

Also I'm considering a Turbo back. What do you recommend? I'm wierd with mixing and matching, is there anything that's got everything from just one company?

And, what's your first recommended upgrade, engine wise?

Finally, are the short throw shifter and boost gauge options a necessity? I'm thinking the short throw is, and I love to see my indicated boost, I just think the price is a bit steep. Would it be cheaper to buy a cheaper (and maybe better) one aftermarket? I really can't gauge with the "bar" system anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister E
    I know it's retarded and I know it's a gimmick, and I know it doesn't help anything... But man I love that sound.

Does the stocker (WRX, not STI) make that sound at all? And what would I need for it to? I'm guessing a blow off valve (or wastegate or whatever). How much would that run me?

Also I'm considering a Turbo back. What do you recommend? I'm wierd with mixing and matching, is there anything that's got everything from just one company?

And, what's your first recommended upgrade, engine wise?

Finally, are the short throw shifter and boost gauge options a necessity? I'm thinking the short throw is, and I love to see my indicated boost, I just think the price is a bit steep. Would it be cheaper to buy a cheaper (and maybe better) one aftermarket? I really can't gauge with the "bar" system anyway.

do a search for intake silencer to do the removal to get to hear the stock bov a bit. or buy one if you really want to

do a search and read the sticky on top of this forum that says.... read me....

do a search and read the sticky on top of this forum that says.... read me....

short throw and boost guage are nice but can be had cheaper aftermarket rather than dealer options which are way over priced. you can get psi guages if you dont like bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

The HKS isn't the best BOV for anyones car. It sounds aggressive, but like any bov, its only useful for high psi and high hp applications. There is a aluminum piece that mounts onto the mouth of the SSQV that makes the bov 100% recirculatable, dont trip :P
    02 PSM WRX
    14.362@97.08 mph stock

you really won't noticed the diff in performance unless you are at a track and see your timeslips. My car runs a little lean sometimes, so the bov actually helps even it out. I like 25/75 until I'm at the track, than its 100% recirc.

Quote Originally Posted by fadedSTi
    my worx bov should here in a couple days. my STi is basically stock. what atmospheric setting should i put the bov? 100%? 50/50? thanks for any help
    50/50 all the time

Red face Blow Off Valve ? Void Warranty ?

Hi all,

Today i bought a 2003 WRX from a used car dealer. The car already has a BOV on the car.

What are the benefits of a BOV ? Will it damage anything ??

Will it void my warranty ? Manager told me it will not since it actually saves the turbo..
    I have a feeling hes making this up for me to buy the car.

Thanks all please advise

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    Hi all,

Today i bought a 2003 WRX from a used car dealer. The car already has a BOV on the car.

What are the benefits of a BOV ? Will it damage anything ??

Will it void my warranty ? Manager told me it will not since it actually saves the turbo..
    I have a feeling hes making this up for me to buy the car.

Thanks all please advise
    i talked to the dealer here and he said it wont void the warranty unless the bov is the cause of the problem. He also told me to put the stock one back on if i ever bring it into service just to be safe. Because he doesnt make the call subaru does. They make every dealer take pictures of aftermarket parts on a ,if it is in for a service problem. And then mail the pictures to subaru

My dealer said the BOV will not void the warranty. Regardless just take the 10 minutes to put the stocker back on if something happens.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby24
    My dealer said the BOV will not void the warranty. Regardless just take the 10 minutes to put the stocker back on if something happens.

Hmmm that will be a problem since the car already has one on it when i bought it.. Pretty sure they dont have the stock BOV.....HMmmmmm

Hmmm that will be a problem since the car already has one on it when i bought it.. Pretty sure they dont have the stock BOV.....HMmmmmm
    Just got off the phone with the dealer.... if i bring it in with the BOV it voids my warranty..so it looks im screwed since i dont have the stock BOV.. Yipppy

Just got off the phone with the dealer.... if i bring it in with the BOV it voids my warranty..so it looks im screwed since i dont have the stock BOV.. Yipppy
    you can buy stock BOVs for cheap...I got one for sale for $30 shipped