"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 308
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I can definetly hear mine if the radio is down....

I can definetly hear mine if the radio is down.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah my friend just got his 05 sti broken in and has been going wot a bit and I do hear the stock bov or bpv.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

I found the graphite engine assembly lube at AutoZone. It comes in a little "mini-toothpaste" type tube. Cost ~$2. (btw I have a Worx)

Used HKS BOV making funny noise

Just installed, and sounds fine. But when I'm at WOT when I get above 10psi. It starts to sound like one of those whistle blower things. Almost like a reed(musicle instrument type). But only when I start to get above 10psi. Think maybe its leaking? I havent had a chance to do any real testing till tomorrow.
    Cant say I've hit full boost yet, but again i have had limited testing
    Last edited by 0260B4U; 12-02-2004 at 07:36 PM.
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

Used HKS what? Exhaust?

oh hell, my bad

HKS BOV SS
    --Little John--

Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    --Colin McRae

"Power is nothing without control"

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/engine-flat-4.gif

"Are you OK to drink?"

I think so. . Because no air is actually moving "through" the bov when it is closed (or when it should be closed), aka during boost. . .
    1997 Milano Red GSR GT32E powered, LSVTEC
    mo pOwA than ur subiE bicH! jk...but shess quikk

1997 milano red Civic
    SI wannabeeeee

Bov Question

i got a SSQV bov from a friend, and all he gave me was just the unit, and he told me i needed to go get some kind of plug for my hose to make it recirculate. i went to kragen, autozone, and a hardware store as my friend told me too, and all the workers were clueless in what i was asking for. can someone tell me what the item is that you stick in your hose, to make it recirculate. please show me pics, because i am totally lost, or what does the bov come with..
    2005 Aspen White WRX

any pictures about what you got now?????????????
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

Speak of the devil. Anyhows the normal HKS SSQV BOV runs completely 100% atmosphereic, it is not a recirculation BOV. you need a 1 INCH diameter metal or heat resistant plastic plug to plug the hose where the stock bypass valve uses to recirculate. It's a little left and below the mount where the BOV goes onto the IC. You'll need a hoseclamp to ensure that the plug doesn't fall out.

NOW, if you want to run a 100% recirculation SSQV you'll need to buy HKS' specially made aluminum mount that goes in place of the air fin on the BOV. Take an alan wrench remove it and replace the fin with the little xtension that comes out of the hole. You'll need a 1 inch inner diameter hose that goes over the BOV unit, and have the hose connect back to the hose that you plugged. This makes your blow off valve 100% recirculation, however the unit to make it recirculation is sold separately.

Hope this helps.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

which one is better for my car?
    2005 Aspen White WRX

With atmospheric you'll run rich between shifts, possibly damage your up pipe cat, send shards into your turbo and have you packing for a new one. You lose gas milegage and as a result of the recirculation hose plugged, you'll throw off your sensor. You'll feel a suden jerk when you release the gas or engage the clutch as a result of that. But you get one nice sweet "WOOSH" everytime you give off boost. The HKS one is particularly LOUD. With recirculation you negate every bad aspect of atmospheric BOV's but at the same time you lose your grandma scaring sound.

If you want my opinion, sell it, and get the Greddy BOV, set it at 50/50 settle with a nice compromise and a nice BOV.

Or store it and put the stocker back on, or sell it and put the stocker back on, get a few bucks and take your girlfriend out to dinner.
    Have a Greddy Evo 2 cat-back Exhaust system, willing to trade for: Greddy Ti, Apex'I N1, or Apex;I GT cat-backs. California only! PM if interested!

Flange for ' 99 BOV same as ' 03 BOV flange?

Is the flange (adapter) for a 1999 Blow off valve same as 2003 WRX BOV?
    Thanks

how about the Worxtuning bov, i heard that bov actually does good for your car..
    2005 Aspen White WRX

worx bov questions

my worx bov should here in a couple days. my STi is basically stock. what atmospheric setting should i put the bov? 100%? 50/50? thanks for any help
    05 Black STi

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.