"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 305
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; when i did my bov it literally took me 15 minutes to put in, very easy!! also with my 05 ...

when i did my bov it literally took me 15 minutes to put in, very easy!!
    also with my 05 wrx i have had NO problems with how it has ran since putting in the bov, but do make sure whatever bov you do buy has the proper plug for the recirc line, i helped a fellow member put one on today and he didnt have the plug, so i made him one to use.
    his car also runs just fine since the install and he has a 02 wrx.

good luck and if any questions on the install let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i used a rubber 1-3/8" (i think?) sink drain plug once... and it worked perfectly for 3 or 6 months or whatever. i was concerned it might melt or do something bad over time, but it was fine. it cost a dollar at home depot.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

another bov question....

hey, ive done a bunch of searching, nobody really seems to have this except for one person, i was wondering just how the TXS type-h is, everyone has the rfl, but i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the type-h, as far as turbo spooling in between shifts, leakage, etc. thanks. and just on another note, anyone know of any recircs. that have the same sound as the type-h if anyone knows. thanks again.
    Last edited by Cuztom15; 11-25-2004 at 11:59 PM.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

look at nappa auto... i couldn't find for a good while, but they have it at nappa...graphite-moly or something like that
    Me ni utsuru kono yo wa jigoku to iu

do it

BOV plug?

My BOV didnt come with a plug for the recirclation hose. What do the experts reconmend to plug the hose with?

home depot sells rubber sink drain plugs. i think the one i got was 1 3/8" and it was white. it worked well and didnt melt or fall out or anything. i did use a hose clamp to help secure it a little better but it fit really snug on its own.
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Thanks alot on the fast repley. It was very helpful.

Bought the drain stopper seems to be to shallow, less than 1/2", to plug the recuirc hose. I envisoned something similar to the ones Turbosmart gives with some of its bovs. However, i will give it a shot thanks again for the segestion.

Lightbulb Worx, not your normal, crappy bov?

Yeah so before you write "not another BOV thread, search noob" or something gay like that....read this. i have a 02 wrx 5mt

Since Xmas is coming up, i would like to get myself a gift and want to spend less than $300. I have a Bosal single tip coming and dont have any other mods at this point, other than painted skirts, GReddy EGT and Boost guages (dual bezel), and intake silencer delete. i will be doing more legitimate mods in the spring, like rims, tires, suspension, up/dp, Accessport, etc.

Everyone argues that all BOVs do on a stock engine is make it run rich, bog, kill mileage, idle bad, and all that crap. the ony + is the "pssssh." well, honestly, i like the "psshhh" lol. (u no u love it too)...and they say its only useful for like 20 + lbs of boost.

After reading up a lot on the worx tuning BOV, it seems to be flawless. Will it be alright on my stock engine if say i run it at like 75 recirc and 25 atmos. ? for those who have it, do you have any problems with it? how easy is it to install and tune? thanks a lot

I'd pick up an interfooler setup, you can get those way cheaper than the worx bov and with those I belive you can set it up with a button so you can make your car blow off whenever you'd like.

i've got that setup with the speaker right next to the horn pointing out the grille. I'ts pretty cool.

dude, stfu

when i posted this thread, i did not expect someone to be that much of a dlck

wow congrats for being the first ashole ive ever met on clubwrx.net Funny.

anyone else?

sorry bro, didn't mean to be hating on your showoff valve.

I've got one and really like it. I ran it at all the settings and found that 100% seemed to be the best (oddly enough). It is really easy to install and real easy to adjust. I have taken it off for right now, because my car does seem to run smoother w/o it. Understandably so though, considering that anything other than stock wont feel like stock. Plus, I am having some boost issues and needed ot see if that was part of the problem.

The other thing is that I wish it was a little louder. To me it doesnt seem to get attention, but it could be because no one around here cares. If you do get it wait until the break in period is over, because it does get a lot louder than it originally came.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

you know what man, it's people like you who make me ashamed I am from the midwest...just for that, i'm changing my location. I hope you like it.

As far as the BOV, I think if you got a UTEC it would solve the tuning issues.
    Former 03wrx, 04sti, 05sti, current 06civic
    "Teacher POWah"
    Team Mullet Racing
    BrianH is my biotch

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.