"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 303
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by amccrazgrl its fine for my wrx being stock so far lol its a fine turbo. but when ...

Quote Originally Posted by amccrazgrl
    its fine for my wrx being stock so far
    lol its a fine turbo. but when your used to high horsepower cars...300+whp...the stock turbo just doesn't cut it for me
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2003WRX- I am really sorry to hear you feel this way. Especially since in another thread on NASIOC you said how pleased with the quality and performance of our valve you were. I will admit the loud ring didnt turn out as well as planned, but we really didnt do them for that long. We ended up going with some internal changes to increase sound output, although it wasnt really designed to be a fancy noise maker like some.

Really, I again state my point the proper adjustment is a very key factor. As I said in my post above, they do have a tendency to function differently depending on driving styles and level of modification. We as a company have been quite proactive in working with customers with modified wrx's to iron out any performance problems they have had due to simple spring issues. We actually just finished up a new performance spring kit for our valve that has 3 springs of varying rate and load ratings and also a shim that doubles the level of adjustment to 10 positions. We sent these kits out to 20 customers to test for us with not one of them able to find a spring that didnt work perfectly.

I really do get a kick out of people that will drop in on a thread like this with a quick one line sarcastic remark though .

(notice the Vette and GTO in his sig)
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

i hear ya on the one liner's
    i wonder if they even bothered to read the info...
    It would help me if you go over some of the basics of maintainence and adjustment. maybe bov's wouldn't get such a bad name if people were more educated on thoes two topics.
    thanks for taking the time to add that info to this thread.

what 50/50 bov?

so how many different 50/50 recirculation bov's are there? i have heard of aps and a greddy one. which should i get at a good price and where should i get it? thanks in advance

BOV's and turbos

stop starting duplicate, useless threads kthanx
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

When I first got the original valve I was excited about it and posted a positive response. This is probably what you found when researching my username on NASIOC (lol, btw). After having it for awhile, and taking into account I drive my car once a week so the effects of the thing became apparent over time (it wasnt drastic like the HKS), I thought otherwise. I had driven around for a few weeks unhappy with the valve and ultimately while trying to find an exhaust leak I finally removed/sold it. I tried the v1.2 sometime after having a new uppipe installed (which fixed the leak). Neither of your valves ultimately worked to my satisfaction so I must assume my particular car and your design don't like each other. Anyway, you made $500 off me, so I wouldn't get too bent that I dislike your valve...
    Last edited by 2003WRX; 11-18-2004 at 09:43 PM.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

turbo xs rfl-h
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

loudest is the RFL (sounds like **** to me though)

best is the HKS SSQV. now THAT one plain sounds good, and is loud.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by 2003WRX
    When I first got the original valve I was excited about it and posted a positive response. This is probably what you found when researching my username on NASIOC (lol, btw). After having it for awhile, and taking into account I drive my car once a week so the effects of the thing became apparent over time (it wasnt drastic like the HKS), I thought otherwise. I had driven around for a few weeks unhappy with the valve and ultimately while trying to find an exhaust leak I finally removed/sold it. I tried the v1.2 sometime after having a new uppipe installed (which fixed the leak). Neither of your valves ultimately worked to my satisfaction so I must assume my particular car and your design don't like each other. Anyway, you made $500 off me, so I wouldn't get too bent that I dislike your valve...
    lol
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

with a good tune on the 22 lag is minimal. money wise, its the best bang for the money.
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

2003wrx- Hey, we are all entitled to our own opinion. Its cool. I just remembered you from NASIOC since I was the one posting in that thread.Thanks for buying 2 valves, we do apreciate your business. We are currently on ver 1.25 so if you ever want to try one with the new updates and spring rates, let me know and I sell you one for dealer cost.

It is experiences like yours that make us work harder. Even though 95% of people that have bought one of our products love it, it is the other 5% that keep us motivated to do bigger and better things.

Thanks
    Mike

I think just by this representation on the thread by WORXtuning shows that the company is working hard to make the best products possible for our cars. I'm not cocksukin or anything i'm just appreciating a company showing an effort for our cars and to care enough about a single individual's feedback on one of their products tells a lot about the company.

Zem, you are saying that a MAP sensor dosen't work well with an atmosperic bov? i thought that was the whole point of switching over to a MAP sensor. It is closer to where the air actually goes in, so it should be more accurate no? Also since it is postioned after the bov, it dosent matter what kind of bov you have?

KY would do the trick. j/k i really did use some vasolene, without any problems yet 2k.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.