"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 301

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Bob, please use the search function. The topic of BOV is probably the most discussed topic on this site. The ...

Bob, please use the search function. The topic of BOV is probably the most discussed topic on this site. The TXS RFL is a popular one I suppose, but keep in mind that BOV's actually hurt performance and there is a chance of actually melting the uppipe cat due to the nature of the 100% atmospheric BOV.

Welcome to the website, but I suggest you look into mods that actually increase performance and not hurt it. Along with the BOV, mods like the Cold Air Intake and Turbo Timer are unecessary for our cars at near-stock levels.

However, it's your car and you decide what you want to do with it. Please search "BOV" and read the "engine performance faq" in the engine performance section.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Read my response in your introductory post (new members section).

how many times are you going to post this?

get the rfl and swoooooosh!!
    i only live for 1 thing and that is to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by b4437
    get the rfl and swoooooosh!!
    HA, or get somthing to make your car not slow as balls. For the price of the average blow off valve you could gut your uppipe, get an HKS downpipe, and a boost guage or somthing else that has value.

: P

Quote Originally Posted by CKxx
    HA, or get somthing to make your car not slow as balls. For the price of the average blow off valve you could gut your uppipe, get an HKS downpipe, and a boost guage or somthing else that has value.

: P
    for the price of a BOV, he can get a ERZ UP and DP

Thanks.

here's a picture of the RFL v2.

it's going to be soo sweet, people are going to think my car is sooo turboed!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    here's a picture of the RFL v2.

it's going to be soo sweet, people are going to think my car is sooo turboed!

before you put a bov on you really need to get rid of the up pipe cat. the additional rich condition can aid in the build up formed on the catalyst, which will either; clog, melt, shatter apart once the restriction caused by these conditions hits the catastrophic point. it has happened to 11 people in the Detroit area (according to Mbiker on nasioc) resulting is some very expensive repairs (will ruin the turbo). You might be able to run it with no problem but if you care about the well-being of your engine (and bank account) you will need to mod in the correct order.
    i dont care that you want a bov (i have one on my ride because of a previous owners tinkering), if thatís what you want your rex to sound like then that your prerogative, but be intelligent about it.
    cats go first, then do what you like.
    good luck

i actually just use a trumpet.....the chicks dig the sound

rfl, end of story. if this is a repost. dont post it again. click
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

what oil should i use to lube a BOV?

im getting a free used BOV from a friend, and i just wanted to make sure it was lubed properly before i installed it, and i herd that bov's do need to bee lubed once in a while... is there a certain lube oil i should use?

graphite
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

i dont think i wanna go putting graphite in a BOV.... besides i would think it wouldnt stay on the parts like a oil would...