"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 30
Page 30 of 788 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130530 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have this on my car also. If you bought the kit, it should have came with a stainless steel ...

I have this on my car also. If you bought the kit, it should have came with a stainless steel 30mm plug to block of the hose. If not, go to a machine shop and ask them cut you one. Should be very cheap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

why was your first mod a BOV? just wanted the sound eh?
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

first mod

wellz....I have tanabe racing medallion cat back and intake sitting in my house.

I just did not want to install them until I reach about 2500 miles.

I'm sure BOV won't put much effect on the car performance wise, so I'm putting them on.

Does anyone have Tanabe RM in their car? I know it's not even 3inch piping, but I just love Tanabe RM. so....oh wellz....

Originally posted by Prince Ali
    What kind of mileage are we talking about? I used to get 22 to 23 mpg driving mixed on the stock 5 spd. But the last time I got gas, my mileage was down to 16. I have been running the A/C more than before. Could this be the problem?
    to be honest i havent actually figured up what my mileage is now, but the needle drops very quickly now. It could be the AC but with my car i have been running it for a while now since i am in the south.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by gifty74
    you're probably on the throttle a little more than you used to. if you like the power of the mbc, but would like better mileage too, i'd look into a solenoid system so you can switch back and forth between the stock bc system and the mbc. you pretty much get the best of both worlds. actually, i don't really switch the mbc on unless i want to play around racing or on the back roads. i think the stock system does a much better job of mixing boost control with throttle position, which relates to better gas mileage. my mbc is off probably 90% of the time. my gas mileage is getting better as the car builds more miles, as i've read its supposed to.
    sorry i know we've been over this before, but a quick question to get all the facts down: how much for a solenoid thingy, where can i get one, and what else do i need to buy?

thanks!
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by Penguinking

sorry i know we've been over this before, but a quick question to get all the facts down: how much for a solenoid thingy, where can i get one, and what else do i need to buy?

thanks!
    You can buy my unused Dawes Device (Control Solenoid) if you want. WRXRumble is using one.

Just PM me.

Michael
    01 WRX World Rally Blue

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you reset your ECU since installing your MBC? I did after I installed my MBC and the gas mileage seems to be almost as normal as stock. Don't know if it would help. Just a suggestion. But I have been doing a lot more freeway driving. I sure haven't seen my gas mileage get too poor.
    Kurlee Daddee
    (THE ORIGINAL)

I just put on my MBC about 3-4 tanks of gas ago. First tank was about 20. I'd been averaging 23-24. Now I'm back up to 23-24. I think it had to do with the way that I'm driving.

TXS Blow Off Valve

Does anyone know if any of the TurboXS BOV's are 50/50? Also if anyone have the RFL model does it sound good or is it too loud?

i know that type-h is not 50/50 cuz i have it in my car and neither is the rfl one cuz there are a couple of people here that has it...the rfl is pretty loud!
    2002 Midnight Black Swirl
    GoT_ADoBo?
    ScoobyDMC #012

Originally posted by Prince Ali
    What kind of mileage are we talking about? I used to get 22 to 23 mpg driving mixed on the stock 5 spd. But the last time I got gas, my mileage was down to 16. I have been running the A/C more than before. Could this be the problem?
    I only got 16mpg when I was running with an MBZ SC500 at 110-140 for an hour coming back from vegas one night.

I've found that running partial throttle with a BC and using very light throttle to 10 or less psi gives better mileage, leans it out I'm guessing in closed loop mode.
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

KURLEEDADDEE,

sorry this is off topic, but i noticed that you have 18" Rota Battles on your ride. Would you mind posting a pic or emailing it to me. I want these rims and have yet to see them on a WRX . I'm lookin to get the gunmetal ones, actually. Thanks!
    Jason
    2002 PSM WRX Sdn

A couple of things:

Jim is correct; resetting the ECU will kill your gas mileage for the first tank or two. My consumption nearly doubles after a reset.

Secondly, the ability to produce more power will not make your car consume more gasoline. Forcing the the car to produce that extra power by employing a heavy right foot absolutely will impact your gas mileage. Somebody already made this point, but it should be reiterated. On my weekly commute I get exactly the same gas mileage now with Stage-4 as I did stock. On weekends when I go scratching, I can however eat through a tankful of gas very quickly indeed.

-Pace

Does your BOV loose performance since it is not a 50/50? If the TXS BOV isnt 50/50 why does it have that connection at the top of it?

Penguinking,

With a Vishnu Stage 0, you should know. Vishnu uses Electromotive's TEC-II engine management for more powerful applications. It uses a MAP sensor. Check the website.

So, I still want to sell this BOV...

Gary
    Sheehan Motor Racing
    www.teamSMR.com