"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 790 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here it is http://www.clemson.edu/~vvu/bovs...

List of BOV Sound and Video clips

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Turbo XS BOV

Does anybody fid this BOV to really make shifting a chore? It seems that there is a reall fall in RPM so you have to really think to give it some more gas befreo you shift to the next gear otherwise you get lag...

Seems like it makes shifting harder...

Also it makes my muffler all dirty with the dripping unburned gas...

Driveability is the exact same reason I sold mine. My car runs much better with the BOV venting back into the intake. The Type H is a great product but the car doesn't need it.

Later,

Dale

Yeah I took my BOV off for the winter becasue it just made the car not drive as smooth. Also I did not want to have to be wiping the tail pipe every week to get the excess unbrned goop off of it.

Question Blow Off Valve

Hey i just recently bought an 02 WRX and its my first car so im slowly learning about cars..and i was just wondering...if you can buy a blow off valve for the stock Turbo? Thanx Latez

BlaZiaNWrX
    If It Ain't BlaZiaN It Ain't Hott!

Yes. The car already has a bypass valve which can be replaced with an aftermarket valve (either bypass or blowoff type).

The differences are bypass vents back to intake and is generally pretty quiet. Blowoff vents to atmosphere and is generally louder.

BPV keeps stock design. BOV isn't like stock. Word is some BOVs can cause CEL. BPVs will not.

I have the Forge BPV.
    Last edited by Si2WRX; 01-20-2002 at 02:58 PM.
    Erik
    '02 Subaru WRX
    12.73@108.32
    287whp/277wtq

Thanx

What is CEL? is CEL a bad thing? and there really isn't a difference between the two valves but the fact that the blow off is louder? thanx

BlaZiaNWrX

CEL = check engine light. Just tells you somethings not right.

My understanding is that the BPV vents air back in that the MAF told the ECU is already there. So no problem. BPVs are also claimed to reduce lag when getting back on the throttle after shifts and such due to air being put back before the turbo.

However with a BOV, the air is no longer vented back to the intake and instead out to the open. So it can confuse the ECU. I'm not sure what exactly the code is people are getting. BOVs usually sound better.
    Erik
    '02 Subaru WRX
    12.73@108.32
    287whp/277wtq

God
    Originally posted by Si2WRX
    BPV keeps stock design. BOV isn't like stock. Word is some BOVs can cause CEL. BPVs will not.

I have the Forge BPV.
    This is completely incorrect. I know of no BOV on the market that will cause any CE lights unless it was installed improperly. I am using the Blitz BOV and it works flawlessly.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Thanx SiR And God...
    God you are using it on the stock turbo right?...and does anyone have ne links for where i can parts for my 02 WRX? Such as a blow off valve...sorry...i am a real real big newbie with cars..haha..just happy to have such a great one.. thanx..

BlaZiaNWrX

God
    No, I'm using a ball bearing Power Enterprise PE1818F turbo. I'll hopefully install my STI injectors tomorrow morning and my PE fuel pump. Then I'll try to get my front mount intercooler in when I get some time. Car's coming together. I have a track day in June and want to have the car ready by May.

If there is no CEL issues, then I stand corrected. But I wouldn't say such if there were for no reason. Users on i-club have had such experiences. But as you said they could or could not be due to installation.

God sells parts. Vividracing.com sells parts.
    Erik
    '02 Subaru WRX
    12.73@108.32
    287whp/277wtq

God
    That is due to installation. Nothing more. All BOV's are compatible with the WRX ECU and engine as long as you have a flange to mount them up with.

Hey..alright..im plannin on putting a blow off valve..on my stock 02 WRX...and i was wondering..how the installation is..and which do you guys think is the best one to get..any information would help..thanx..oh yea one more thing...i have an automatic

BlaZiaNWrX
    Last edited by BlaZiaNWrX; 01-20-2002 at 09:35 PM.

GOD... do you have a camera you can takes pics of your stuff with... cause i would LOVE to see the install and pics of the intercooler and injectors!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.