"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 289

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; they will be here this thursday, ill let yall know, anyone that says you will lose hp and torque with ...

i just ordered them

they will be here this thursday, ill let yall know, anyone that says you will lose hp and torque with this style header is ****ing retarded. reason being have any body defending the stock parts see them. jesus they are built like ****, the manifolds come together right after the ports, that causes so much turbulence, its insane. im personally kinda worried about a flex pipe, cause you know it could break and go up in the turbo. btw no flex pipe it will most likely crack like a *****, cause its not iron. so whatever, umm people these cars arent magic. there simply air pumps, and work off the same physics as any other motor. this post is directed to a few people on the board, from which some posts ive seen. i like to look at this site to learn new things but sometimes i just gotta wonder why people post the things they do, with no validity. maybe im just bored and feel like venting. but just take it for what its worth and nothing else, i like this site, and this is my first post, but i feel that there is so much misinformation on all these websites, and its so hard to try and find help and good knowledge. thanks to anyone who reads and takes anything positive from this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scoobaru
    this post is directed to a few people on the board, from which some posts ive seen. i like to look at this site to learn new things but sometimes i just gotta wonder why people post the things they do, with no validity. maybe im just bored and feel like venting. but just take it for what its worth and nothing else, i like this site, and this is my first post, but i feel that there is so much misinformation on all these websites, and its so hard to try and find help and good knowledge. thanks to anyone who reads and takes anything positive from this.
    i admit, i share similar sentiments. just remember, if something dosent make sense from a logical perspective and no one can offer objective data or detailed explaination; then, it must be taken as an oppinion.
    do you really think that bov and CAI are really as bad as many on this site make them out to be? (they might not be worth the money, but they dont destroy your car) do you think that the most vocal members on thoes issues are the most informed?
    i guess the point is, its the internet and dont forget that

Quote Originally Posted by wrx&998rduck
    ok im gonna order them, and dyno before and after so we can put the argument to rest.
    i will put the $ together within the week and go from there, i will make a trip to easy street and have them do a dyno run to show current power, and go back again and do after mod power......stay tuned, and i will keep you all informed as it gets done.
    05 wrx dont let me down....lol

pm me with input if you guys think of any.
    rock!
    if you have any questions about the install post them here or pm me, i might be able to help.

thanks bigclunk, i am going to have one of the guys on the board here do the install, i believe his screen name is subiestyle, he does not live too far from me so he has got the job, and he comes highly reccomended by other members cause he has done their work.
    i plan to do this in 7 phases.

1. get initial dyno results in semi stock form (bov, catback, silencer delete)
    2. have subie style install up/down pipe
    3. got get dyno results
    4. have headers installed
    5. get dyno results
    6.add stage 2 access port
    7. do last and final dyno run

all i have to say is my girl is great because she said lets do it, with no questions asked, and didnt care how much it costs. so its on guys, i will get the initial results on here soon.
    let me know if any of you have some input.

some reading material....
    this is the post on nasioc where the headders were dynoed.
    you can come to a variety of conclusions because the data isnt totally perfect but, keep in mind there is alot of questionable opinions. make sure to read the factual and logical post more carefully than the stupid ones (come on, its nasioc, there is definatly alot more nonsense)
    the results dont get posted until pg 22 (s3 link broken but a graph is provided later on) some of the info between the first post and pg22 is worthwhile but most of it is heresay.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&page=22&pp=25

this is a slightly more negative post about headders. its important to try to be objective and view both sides but he definatly has alot of objective data.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hlight=headers

Quote Originally Posted by BigClunke
    some reading material....
    this is the post on nasioc where the headders were dynoed.
    you can come to a variety of conclusions because the data isnt totally perfect but, keep in mind there is alot of questionable opinions. make sure to read the factual and logical post more carefully than the stupid ones (come on, its nasioc, there is definatly alot more nonsense)
    the results dont get posted until pg 22 (s3 link broken but a graph is provided later on) some of the info between the first post and pg22 is worthwhile but most of it is heresay.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&page=22&pp=25

this is a slightly more negative post about headders. its important to try to be objective and view both sides but he definatly has alot of objective data (as well as a different engine)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hlight=headers

yeah im reading it all right now, but the graph is hard to read

I was trying to edit in that the last link's results are with a different engine. it might not be relevant, but worth considering.

it also leaves some out (including the ssautochrome, which i thought would be similar to the megan's).
    what i gained from it is; headders benefit in a few areas...
    they help create more boost
    they do add hp
    they will add more if they are wrapped or ceramic coated (preferaby both) ie. borla
    they seem to lower egt's too (the second link might make that point debateable)
    i think that the biggest benefit is the lower egt because it should help our #4 cylinder problem and generally make things run a bit smoother. it seems that people are conserned about loosing that "chunky" mean boxter sound but a well tuned porsche dosent sound bad. why would our wrx?

id rather loose the sound of the engine, and loose 150 degrees by adding a header, the sound will come back some way sometime, loosing 150 degrees imo is more desireable in the long run

well, for $250 I am pretty interested in this. I just want to see some results on how it may, or may not perform.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Blow of valves

i whant a new BOV but i dont have the money for an hks ssq is there any out there that are cheaper but sound the same i really like the way the hks sounds thanks

Why....

i suggest you get on that flame suit ASAP, youll need it.

lol jk i suggest you take out the intake silencer aka snorkus as there have been many threads on how to do it. it allows u to here the bpv better and turbo spool up and bets of all its FREE go to scoobymods.com to find out how to do it about 30 min to do it or less

Oh man. I can feel the flaming coming. I hope you're running 20+ Psi. I have a spare HKS SSQV BOV for sale, if you want it make an offer, but I'm telling you, you should run stock.