"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 285
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Okonkowo What about gettin a BOV on a stock STi that has a bigger turbo than the ...

Quote Originally Posted by Okonkowo
    What about gettin a BOV on a stock STi that has a bigger turbo than the WRX doesn't it?
    Please enlighten me and tell me what kind of turbo the STi is running. What kind of turbo is the wrx running? No, we run the same turbos. The STI just has better internals which = more hp.

Quote Originally Posted by spyd3r
    omfg just dont get a bov if your car doesn't have more thatn 400hp. Or a turbo that needs to let out that charged air to prevent backcharge. um, so, just sell the bov or put a cai to get that 2 slow 2 melow sound.
    -spyd3r
    Yeah, thats it. Make sure you are over 400hp. Not to mention it is impossible to do on a wrx.. Thats a great 1st post to let us know you know nothing. Since no one is running more than 400hp on these boards, I guess we don't/can't have BOVs..b/c it takes 400hp to have one.
    Yeah, a CAI is great for our cars. You've done your reading too. You must feel STUPID.

I give up.
    Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers?

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The USDM STi uses A IHI VF39, the JDM uses a VF35, and the STi RA uses a VF34
    The wrx turbo is a Mitsubishi TDO4 13 trim
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    My head is going to explode.

I have the TurboXS bov and i like it. I know it runs a little rich in between shifts..... but i just love scaring the sht out of old people taking theyr morning walks.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Question Upgraded turbo people, BOV?

I plan on adding a green with all the supporting mods very soon. To the people running 20-25psi are you using your stock recirc valve, will it hold this much boost? I just want to find out if I need to look into a replacement. Thanks in advance.

-Steve

it does not hold that much boost. it'll work, but not that great.
    i only live for 1 thing and that is to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    My head is going to explode.

This thread is awful, it's worse than my self-proclaimed "Chunks" thread.

Eli, stop listening to "America, **** yeah!" and close this thread.

i think stock can hold up to 19psi (if lucky) get a hks ssqv, sounds allright but most importantly you can not boost leak with the valve its such a great bov!
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

I'm going to have to say go with recirculating. I've got the Greddy Type-S recirc. It's COMPLETELY silent if you have the stock intake hooked up and will make a very aggressive POW noise if you do the intake silencer hack. Just a hair louder than stock but it is incredible how much better this BOV reacts. Much quicker to vent, vents more air (from what I can hear), and seems to be very quick to close so that you don't get quite the lag between shifts that you get with the stock BPV.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

One question, I've heard 04 WRX's are slightly different than 02/03 because of something in the ECU making some mods like CAI dangerous to engine, well how does this affect BOV's? Can I use a GFB Hybrid and run it 50/50 or 100% without any problems, or having a noticeable affect on performance? Sorry I would research this info more on NASIOC where I heard about the 04 problems but I got flamed so bad for being a ricer for asking one question asking about BOV's that I don't wanna go anywhere near NASIOC.

btw my car is stock and i just wanted to know about BOVs on 04's because personally I like the sound of turbos i dont know about those gurus.

PS- if somebody could please clarify what kinda problems and mods are associated with the 04 wrx's i would really appreciate that

Chronos, I have been running my GFB hybrid in 100% for about a year now with no problems whatsoever. The sound is not too loud and not too soft. I chose the gfb so that in the event that I would need it to recirculate any, I have the option to do that.

~myke
    Last edited by mykedude; 10-26-2004 at 06:52 AM.
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen
    Yeah, thats it. Make sure you are over 400hp. Not to mention it is impossible to do on a wrx.. Thats a great 1st post to let us know you know nothing. Since no one is running more than 400hp on these boards, I guess we don't/can't have BOVs..b/c it takes 400hp to have one.
    ok man, not on a sti, enlighten your self on this ===> "thats all you do anyway
    anyway, it is very possible to do that on a sti, and or wrx. set of 750cc injectors, perrin fuel rails, twin turbo, APEX FMIC, cattless racing exhaust, Mayeb a AVCS (its on the wrc cars if you didn't know that , and a water injection kit, new racing tranny, new diffs, racing drive shaft/axels, new egine management, cold air intake (dual 4 a ual turbo DUH ) tih wet mount nitrous system. Very possible in fact. What do you think wrc cars get? huh, anything is possible. (will the car be street legal, no, will it fun to drive around town, maybe, would it be kickass at the tract, YES.) Its just that a few simple (lol no) mods costing you over 20K ok>?

-spyd3r

Ps.S. you don't know everything

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen
    Yeah, thats it. Make sure you are over 400hp.
    ok a member has this in his/her prof 2003 wrx with 360whp on 91octane and 420 whp on 100 octane

dont you ever disrespect me like that again me===> you<==

-spyd3r

Quote Originally Posted by spyd3r
    ok a member has this in his/her prof 2003 wrx with 360whp on 91octane and 420 whp on 100 octane

dont you ever disrespect me like that again me===> you<==

-spyd3r
    here we go...weeeeeee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails give_a_damn_progress.gif  

BOV questions

can someone please tell me the pros and cons of BOVs. i wondering if it is worth it to get one. thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.