"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 283

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I dont understand this... you all know im pretty new at modding my car... ive had people tell me too ...

I dont understand this... you all know im pretty new at modding my car... ive had people tell me too get a BOV and now that i get it im getting Cracked on.... why cant you guys help me instead of make fun of me for makin my car the the way i want to... i have yet to say anything about anyone else on here..i ask for help and this is what i get Thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alot of flaming goes on here at this forum, but dont let it get to you,

its up to you, you bought it, if you like it keep it, if not then sell it and get something else,

the 2 things most suby people hate to see noobs do is buy CAI's, and BOV's because they sound cool

but i say if it make you that much happier with your car then do it

A BOV will not make your car run any better. It is simply a cosmetic mod, and gives off cool noises. It is also fairly easy to install. If you were not supplied a cork or similar device to stop up the intake return hose, i would recommend selling the BOV

I recently purchased a Forge unit, to see if i like it. Ive done enough go fast mods, and like how mild it sounds. if it runs like crap, stocker goes on and it becomes a paperweight!

The mods that may improve "performance" are downpipes, uppipes, I/C hoses, engine or trans mounts, and Engine management.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

The thing with the Subaru is that it is different from hondas and other NA cars... BOV's and CAi's will net you results with those cars, but not with the wrx. It's up to you if you want to put those type of things on yr car, but the truth is that with the money that you pay to buy these things can be put to better use, such as uppipe, downpipe, exhaust,etc. Just do a search and I'm sure you'll find out more useful info.

Quote Originally Posted by turbowrx02
    I dont understand this... you all know im pretty new at modding my car... ive had people tell me too get a BOV and now that i get it im getting Cracked on.... why cant you guys help me instead of make fun of me for makin my car the the way i want to... i have yet to say anything about anyone else on here..i ask for help and this is what i get Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

we arent mean....

Flaming is so much more fun lol...
    Don't think so much about the flaming, I think much of the reason is because there has been really many "stupid" questions here the last qouple of weeks.. With stupid I mean stuff that is well covered in older posts and even may be said in the stickys..

I'm not saying you question is stupid, becuase if you search you will probatly find more answers against a bov than the opposite..

Take my advise (higher up in this thread) Install it.. bov sounds are greate and a turbo car without it..well I feel like they are missing something
    It will not hard your car, if installed correctly.. I may get your car to act alittle strange, but don't worry that much about it (unless it really feels strange, but then again then something is wrong) Search alittle on bov and you will find plenty of info.

I'm getting a bov soon but I'll stay away from turboxs.. I'm getting a forge, hks or Blitz DD with filter....
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

I'll help you. Girl tuners are rare. I know this guy that has an STI and just got the same BOV. As soon as he took it out he would stall out whenever he dropped into neutral. We had to take the BOV off and loosen the spring inside. It could happen to you too or it could be a washer issue.

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

I appreciate you guys helpin me out instead of critizing me.. i have sooooo many people talkin to me like im dumb... i know im not smart when it comes to cars but thats what i thought this site was for... to get help and help others out...if any of you wanna im me on aim ...sexygal8301 thanx!

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    if any of you wanna im me on aim ...sexygal8301 thanx!
    And even if you don't, you'll probably get IMed anyway.

Why can't you put a BOV on a stock WRX?

this thread is cool
    -2006 WRX Wagon-

Quote Originally Posted by Okonkowo
    Why can't you put a BOV on a stock WRX?
    What are you talking about? Who said you can't?

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

thats what everybodies sayin unless i misunderstood.

I appreciate you guys helpin me out instead of critizing me.. i have sooooo many people talkin to me like im dumb... i know im not smart when it comes to cars but thats what i thought this site was for... to get help and help others out...if any of you wanna im me on aim ...sexygal8301 thanx!
    thats why there are many many stickys with full explanations on BOV and the pros/cons. look at the sticky in engines section.

the people telling you to get one probably dont own a WRX. BOVs are ok if you need one but on a stock wrx...you really dont.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

You do if you want to scare old ladies and little children crossin the street