"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 282
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Also check the undersides of all the hoses and T's. I had a leak there from a T resting on ...

Also check the undersides of all the hoses and T's. I had a leak there from a T resting on some hot metal and burning through. Took forever to find.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    Also check the undersides of all the hoses and T's. I had a leak there from a T resting on some hot metal and burning through. Took forever to find.
    ^^^ That too. Remove the hoses and carefully check for pinholes, cracks, and burnholes. As long as the pill is in that paticular hose(to the right of the tee in your picture), it doesn't matter where in the hose it is. If the restrictor is in the wastegate hose (left side of the tee in your picture), you won't have correct boost.

I just got a Turbo xs bov....

i just bought a bov for my stock wrx.... I've recently had someone tell me i shouldnt have done it what should i do? its already bought.

Give it to me, and only then will you and yr car be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

You can always sell it in the "Personal for sale" forum. You really don't need it and if you don't adjust it right you could be hurting your turbo. If you hear any fluttering definatly take it off.

In anycase, even if is working fine, its not helping and its just causing your car to run rich between shifts.

Do some searches for more info....

Buy a boost guage.. And put it on... I would..
    I don't belive it's that bad... Reason I say get a boost guage is that a friend of mine lost about 100hp from a leaking bov on his evo6...

If it make fluttering sound adjust it..

Also try to search.. I bet you'll find hundred of threads...
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

First the altezzas now this.....

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Don't believe the people who tell you that a BOV won't work well. They're just jealous. With your altezzas, your BOV and the aluminum wing you're going to buy next, you'll be the coolest pre-school teacher 3VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Pssssssshhhhh

yes!! Get a boost gauge and make sure no leaking. Then you can keep using that BOV to scare those old women in the street!!!!
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

Quote Originally Posted by AUTO228
    . Then you can keep using that BOV to scare those old women in the street!!!!
    That my friend, is the one reason I almost kept mine. I scared some lady to death on the side walk. Then I realized I could sell it and buy something that actually made me fastAr.

Quote Originally Posted by zoophagy
    Don't believe the people who tell you that a BOV won't work well. They're just jealous. With your altezzas, your BOV and the aluminum wing you're going to buy next, you'll be the coolest pre-school teacher 3VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    forsure..lolool

time to bring this post from the grave.. so i bought the turbosmart dual port bov it did not work properly with the fmic then i contacted turbosmart and they said its for a tmic. so any ideas? i was gonna try the forge. but i really don't want to waste money on something that does not work. but i do want my "pssshhh"
    2008 Evo X
    HBSpeed tuned 351AWHP 345TQ
    T1R TBE, Perrin FMIC, AEM Intake, AP tuned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Pssssssshhhhh
    funny?
    Traces of day

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.