"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 28
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 789 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128528 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally posted by kaizenfighter I bought the hks. I should be getting it on fri. I'm going to run it ...

Originally posted by kaizenfighter
    I bought the hks. I should be getting it on fri. I'm going to run it 100 percent. If I run into any probs I'll run 50\50. From what I've heard, its the best bov out there. It won't leak at high boost like some of the others. If you aren't planning on major mods, then any will do, but if you are I would say go for the hks
    Are you sure you can set to 50/50? Maybe this is a new model, but the only manufacturer I know of that offers a hybrid valve is GFB.
    Thanks,
    Ali

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

`sigh..

the stock bov is fine. but if you REALLY want a loud one the TXS RFL is the loudest...like .. LOUD.
    I'm fast and I know it.

Dude...it's not ALL about the sound. Although it's nice and gets you noticed, there has to be some sort of function. From what I have read, the HKS seems like the BOV that will fit my needs the most with all the mods I have planned for my subie.

i was just saying that one was really loud.
    I'm fast and I know it.

That wasn't meant to be offensive...I was just sayin' too.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by BoostedAWD
    Get an Intake!...the recirc. stock bov will be loud enough for other poeple to hear. ..but then again..ull risk running lean. ...then get a unichip to get it tuned for the intake. bascially..900 bucks..just to get that cool sound, safely and reliabliy.

best bet..get a aftermarket bov..that recirc. 100 into intake..or get the HKS SSQ..with the recirc. kit
    actually if u run a bov 100% atmosphere then you'll get into problems with it running rich - b/c the MAF sensor detects the amount of air going in and so sets how much fuel to put out; since the stock bov is 100% recirc, all the air stays in the system and is accounted for. with the 100% vent to atmosphere and even w/ the 50/50, the car will run rich b/c the sensor still "thinks" there is X amount of air but in reality there's less because the bov vented some of it out.

-Robert
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

bov line disconect?

hey everyone, i dont really know too much about your wrx's, im jus on here to ask a q for my friend that has one....he wants to know if there is a line he can disconect from the stock bov to make it 100 atmospheric or whatever it is...like you know, to make it non re-circulating...or anything of that sort, and if so....do you have any pics or a description of what line to do?...thnaks in advance..

Why would you want to do that?
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

he'd want to do that to make it louder. i'm not completely sure. i know many are venting 50% to the atmosphere, while the other 50% is recirculating. i think i remember some people having some problems with venting 100%.

anyone out there with a BOV venting 100%?

dR

here's a link to another thread with some useful info on this subject.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...&threadid=5927

dR

Here's anothor link:

Link

I don't imagine that venting 100% will hurt anything.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

Actually, the air that is vented back into the intake is vented after the maf sensor so that will have no effect on anything. In response to the above post, I think there is a kit that allows for the 50/50 setup
    2005 STI
    Obsidian black with gold wheels

Moderator of SE forum

Quote:
    What is the handicapped parking situation at the special olympics?

what about that BOV that cobb tuning offers? anyone know anything about those and how well they operatE?

I'm selling my silver GFB 50/50 BOV for $150.

FYI, if you are putting an atmospheric venting BOV on a MAFed engine with stock ECU, it's ALL about the sound. The BOV will provide ZERO additional benefit, even at boost levels up to 20psi. As a matter of fact, it will degrade performance.

The MAF tells the ECU how much air is in the system. When the stock BOV is working, the air in the system is recirculated, and the computer still knows how much air is in the system when you get back on throttle. In an atmospheric venting system, the BOV let's most of the air out of the system. The computer still thinks there is a large amount of compressed air in the system because the MAF told it so. So when you go back into throttle, the computer will be performing fuel and timing calculations on the air it thinks is in the system. You run rich.

We had to get rid of the BOV in the racecar because it was terrible for rolling starts. If you try to keep constant throttle at say 4,500 rpm for a rolling start, any tiny input on the gas pedal will cause the BOV to work. Then, the car runs rich for 1/2 a second and hiccups, then surges, then the BOV works again. You end up getting a violent cycle that only stops when you go full throttle of come of the gas.

In actual race conditions it wasn't too bad. A split second of flat spot after going to full throttle then everything goes back to normal. But in racing, you want every advantage you can get, and a split second of no acceleration is bad. We went back to the stock BOV and are very happy.

So, if you are putting an atmospheric venting BOV on your WRX, it's only for the sound. Expect some degradation in performance in throttle transitions.

So, who wants my $150 GFB BOV with only about 100 miles on it?

Gary
    Sheehan Motor Racing
    www.teamSMR.com

Gas Milage after MBC

Alright. I put in my Joe P and set it to 15.5 in 3rd. This is in conjunction with the airbox mod, ITG panel filter, and the grounding mod. My gas milage is TERRIBLE! It is probably about as bad if not wors then i got with my Dakota R/T with a 5.9L V8. Is anyone else having this problem? P.S. Yes I love the extra power from the MBC, just not the bad milage.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.