"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 279

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i dont think it was the intake.... it is the same size dia. as stock. i saw a dyno in ...

i dont think it was the intake.... it is the same size dia. as stock. i saw a dyno in my mag of the aem cai and it gave 10 hp to the wheels. mineis a short ram but that shoudnt matter?? i thought mabe my bov is causing me to lose boost or something.??

did they change anything in the motor between years?? i heard the ecu is dfferent.. would that be it
    wtb aftermarket parts for a wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

magazine stats don't mean sh*t. It could be anything. He could've been running more tire pressure than you. He could be a better driver than you are. His shifts could've been quicker than yours.

And for the sake of your car, take off that BOV
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I took off my recir pipe and it sounds great. Im going to run with it off for a few days and see if I really notice a difference in fuel milage. What do you mean when you say your car will not give cels? What is that?

Check Engine Lights -- I wouldn't suggest modifying your car at ALL if you dont know what they are....
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Good Advice Whats your address I'll come over and you can take a look at it then.

i know its kinda a old thread, but i would also like to see some pics of what it looks like in your car... i have been thinking about getting the forge BOV.

thanks for the install info.

here

stocker

im in new port richey. pm me your number and we can get togather

Why take off the BOV? I have the Greddy Type - S are you saying I should go back to the stock one? I had it running without the recir but have put that back on now.

i dont think the bov makes you lose power... but im not sure.. im not a subie tech.lol

Bov

Don't think you are loosing boost from a BOV. just think it was a bad call to buy AEM parts, your not driving a honda anymore
    Nothing Says Lovin Like A 2005 STI

So much debate over the BOV issue. Would luv to speak to a "Real subie engineer" that can clear up this issue. Not that I have lost power I almost always see .98 bar on my boost gauge but Is it going to even do anything to have an aftermarket BOV on the car? Since im using it in recir I dont hear that sweet Whoosh that you get with out it. And i have read here that the stock one works fine up to 19 or 20 lbs of boost. So was it all just a waste of money and Im a moron for not doing enough research before buying my parts? Seems now that an up/down pipe, springs, rims would have been a much better investment to start my mods with. I am just looking to set up a nice clean car that is quick. If I wanted to beat an M5 I would have an STI

I think its the Intake...he siad its a short ram, and unless he has a upgraded turbo ...wich he said he doesnt...all he is doing is sucking hot air into the engine instead of the cooler air the stock system pulls in. switch out the intake and try again.

if you lose again...leanr to drive a subie better! No clutch drops!
    I want Boost!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p
    If I had a Mustang, I'd sell it and buy some Waffles.
    Want to play with my Wankel?

was the other car modded? how much did he beat you buy?
    you can always go back to stock and see if you lose even worse or you beat someone.
    personally, id learn how to race better. took me a long time to learn to launch properly.

isnt it discussed that hot air doesnt matter because the intercooler cools it?

its your money spend it how you like.
    Last edited by KoreanBeefcake; 10-11-2004 at 11:29 PM.