"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 278

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; anyone have the Greddy type s purple top?? I might be getting it from a friend, wanted to hear some ...

anyone have the Greddy type s purple top?? I might be getting it from a friend, wanted to hear some responses from peeps with them on the rex.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have a question for people with the forge...if you are just driving easy not really getting on the gas, ya know shiftin at like 2500ish to 3k rpm, am i always gonna hear this loud ass pshhhh? also what is the difference btwn the worx and the forge? where can i get them on the net? EDIT: i dont really mind if i hear it daily driving if its not that loud under normal driving conditions. I also dont want a BOV that sounds like two metal plates slapping together. i just read up on the worx, and it seems like the best choice...
    Last edited by Redline927; 10-09-2004 at 07:39 AM.

The recirc acts like stock, but generally makes a little more noise. It is the general consensus of most people that it is worth not getting the little pssht in favor of driveability...the bogging between shifts is just really ghey. get the recirc, remove your silencer, and you've basically got enough sound to impress whoever you want.

I am using the Forge. Easy intall (3-5min) runs well, sounds good, no performance draw backs like other create,...

very good product
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i use a TXS RFL BOV and im completely satisfied!!
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

(Cenex Gas http://www.chsinc.com/auburn/Tacoma.htm )

Quote Originally Posted by dewmudgeon View Post
    ok, so if i wanted a bov and got a cai as well,
    would they equal eachother out? creating minimal problems?

wut about for FMIC's? i've went thru GFB, HKS, Turbosmart all give compresser surge on fmic but work fine for tmic's (btw i recommend the hks or turbosmarts they work great if yer running the TMIC )
    2008 Evo X
    HBSpeed tuned 351AWHP 345TQ
    T1R TBE, Perrin FMIC, AEM Intake, AP tuned

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I am using the Forge. Easy intall (3-5min) runs well, sounds good, no performance draw backs like other create,...

very good product
    are you using the recurulate, or the atlasphere one?

stop replying to bov threads

please people stop replying to the daily bov threads about which one is the best or whatever its cluttering the forum!

SEARCH DAMMIT

thank you for reading
    04 black sti, gold rota torque, turbo xs tbe, turbo xs rfl bov, utec

someone trade their rfl axleback for my regular turbo xs magnaflow!!!!!

Thats not really neccessary. The mods will take care of it. This post just cluttered up the forum more.

:click:
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

BOV Adjustment??

I just installed a Greddy Type S BOV and Im not sure that I have it adjusted right. I read how to adjust it, started soft and then tightened till the rpm's returned fast and it idled smooth. Is this all I need to do? It is connected to recirculate which is what the kit had but I dont hear any sounds form the BOV blowing anything off. Is that normal? I asume so sense it is blowing everything back in.

TIA

i adjusted mine by going ut on the road and wot 2nd and 3 rd... to hear if it leaked in higher rpms and tighted it from there. i put mine on with the rec. pipe and without. with out it it sounds sweet but your car runs really rich and less responsive and sometimes cels come up. with it you dont hear the sound but you car will not give cels, will be more resonsive, and run better. if you get an aftermarket intake you hear it alot more. but like i said i keep my rec pipe on. but every once in a while... like when i go to the beach and stuff i take the pipe off to hear it.
    wtb aftermarket parts for a wrx

also with out the rec pipe on your car gets worse mpg

can a bov do this

i have a 2005 wrx with an aem intake and a greddy recir. bov. i raced an all stock 2002 wrx from a stopp twice and from a roll. he beat me everytime. do you thik im losing boost or something from my bov?? can someone tell me what happend

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    As I said in the other thread, because it is a recirculating BOV, it probably isn't hurting performance, but your intake could be a different story. I'd put the stock intake back on, and if you're set on gettintg an intake get a Blitz SUS. It's the only intake that I know of that has shown gains on a dyno. I believe the AEM uses a different size diameter tube than stock, which will ccause your MAF to give incorrect readings. Search for CAI, and there should be a bunch of information.

I know what your problem is... The owner of the 02 has been driving his wrx for 3 years, and you for only a few months... take teh crappy AEM stuff off, and learn how to drive.
    2003 IMPREZA SPORT WAGON WRB rice