"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 273

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i am wondering if the WRX kit (bov + wrx flange) is bolt on or what i need to do? ...

I SEARCHED: BOV installation

i am wondering if the WRX kit (bov + wrx flange) is bolt on or what i need to do? anyone have directions or video? do u need to weld?
    Last edited by RyaNT; 09-24-2004 at 09:47 AM. Reason: mispelling (im retarded)
    2004 WRB WRX
    -Turbo guage
    -Short Shifter
    -Premium Package
    -RS-Limited Ricochet 18" Gunmetal w/ Polished Lip
    -TeiN S Techs
    -Turbo XS RFL Exhaust
    -Alpine IVA-D300 MMS
    -Alpine 2005 Type-R's (2 12's)
    -MA Audio 3600 watt digital Amp (Mono)

"My lugnuts Require more Torque than your Honda Creates"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cnk
    Remove stock valve. Plug recirculation hose. Install new BOV. Done.

Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by ilivas
    IF you get a larger turbo, dont get the hks bov.
    So are you trying to say that the Hks BOV works best with the stock turbo?
    If so i think i might get the Hks BOV, cause i don't plan on getting a bigger turbo.
    I just want to leave it STOCK as possible besides having a K&N drop in filter and now
    all i need is just a BOV that sounds kool and thats it.
    O BTW: does anyone here got a sound clip of the HKS BOV? I really wants to hear how it sounds like. Thanks yall!
    '90 CRX Si (rip)
    '00 civic Si (rip)
    '02 EP3 Si
    '05 WRX Sti (Stocker)
    Dam I love 'S' 'i' and now the "T" is in the middle I even love it more!

It worked great on my stock turbo. I cant get rid of the compressor surge since I've had my 18g turbo though.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    Yep. Unbolt the two bolts holding in the stock bypass valve. Pull it off, saving the gasket. Plug the return hose. Bolt the new one in place.

It's a very installtion, but I would recommend that you do not do it. Return the BOV and get a Blitz SUS (they're about the same price). You won't have to worry about your car running poorly that way, and you will definitely be able to hear your stock bypas valve that was, as well as your turbo.

I'm not famaliar with the forge, but if it's just open you can drive just fine, keep off the boost.

can you say compressor surge?

you would probly be fine to drive it for a short while... compressor surge can be dangerous but usualy it happens when you have no BOV for a long period of time... i don' t see how one trip could kill it. The WRX runs a TD04, virtualy the same turbo in the base Greddy kit for civics, that kit contains no IC or BOV and many people have run it for years without problems. Not to say you should ignore it, but one drive shouldn't hurt.
    __________________________________________________ _
    98' Civic (stop laughing)
    Building LS/Vtec

oh it's stuck closed, hmm. A safeguard could be to yank the egt sensor connection or resistor mod if it was done, that will put you pretty much into limp mode. I belive that keeps you under 3K rpms.
    Quote Originally Posted by sn34k
    you would probly be fine to drive it for a short while... compressor surge can be dangerous but usualy it happens when you have no BOV for a long period of time... i don' t see how one trip could kill it. The WRX runs a TD04, virtualy the same turbo in the base Greddy kit for civics, that kit contains no IC or BOV and many people have run it for years without problems. Not to say you should ignore it, but one drive shouldn't hurt.

no on the hks bov

the hks bov for the wrx at least the 02 is so not worth it on my car it messed with the factory computer into retarding boost in almost all the gears it id sound nice though. the reason it did this was becasue tis 100% atmosphere bov i would recomend a 50/50 bov form either APS or Turbo XS i have the APS and even though its not the loudest its by far the nicest i have seen for a wrx

how does the dual stage boost ?
    when on low boost levels does it use a small innertube then when on high boost levels use the rest of the bov? does it automatically change?

thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksti05
    how does the dual stage boost ?
    when on low boost levels does it use a small innertube then when on high boost levels use the rest of the bov? does it automatically change?

thanks
    The "relief" is based on spring tension. By adjusting a seated valve on the interior, you can adjust spring tension on the valve, and thus change the amount of pressure that is released to atmoshpere. The less to atmosphere, the more that simply recircs. The loudness is adjusted by moving a ring on the relase vent orifices, covering or uncovering orifices to suit your tastes.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Turbo XS FRL bov, washers?

I know this has been discussed a few times in other forums, but I got a used RFL and it did not come with instructions. I would like to know what size washers to get, where do I put them on the RFL, and can I just use washers from Home Depot or do they have to be coated or anything. Sorry about the noob questions, lol

if you are refering to the washers the control how much air is put out of the valve u need to, unplug the black cable, unscrew the top half of the bov, take out the spring, add the washers to the bottom half of the bov, then screw it all back togethar. It should have came with 4-5 washers. i guess you could buy them at home depot but i would suggest getting the turboxs ones.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

whats up guys,

i got a used one from this guy and he doesnt know anythign about adjusting it. i was wondering if any of you guys could tell me how to adjust it. mine sounds alrite right now but i think it needs adjusting. thanks
    [SLEEPER]
    [noun] A high performance street car with an inconspicuous, stock outward appearance.