"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 271
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I love the funny ass looks it gets when it goes off. Funnier yet is the looks my mom got ...

I love the funny ass looks it gets when it goes off. Funnier yet is the looks my mom got when she had to drive it for a week.

When ever i see someone i know i just blow it off quik instead of honking.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Opinion on best all-around BOV?

I had a supercharger before so the turbo world I'm still learning...anyway, I said all around best choice in terms of performance and sound as well as when the cars stock and maybe with a bigger snail later...or just what you guys are running and why...thanks in advance

Man, I'm just gonna tell you now: delete this thread and do a search. Not only is this arguably the most discussed topic on the forums, these threads are often filled with sarcasm by the veteran members and choice words are often thrown at the poster of the thread (which in this case would be you)

To answer your question, no BOV will give an increase in performance, if anything, they will cause a decrease in performance because they mess with your vehicles A:F ratio. the stock BOV is fine up to something like 22 PSI and an aftermarket BOV is for "bling bling" only.

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminWRX
    Man, I'm just gonna tell you now: delete this thread and do a search. Not only is this arguably the most discussed topic on the forums, these threads are often filled with sarcasm by the veteran members and choice words are often thrown at the poster of the thread (which in this case would be you)

To answer your question, no BOV will give an increase in performance, if anything, they will cause a decrease in performance because they mess with your vehicles A:F ratio. the stock BOV is fine up to something like 22 PSI and an aftermarket BOV is for "bling bling" only.

I agree w/ this man. The stock WRX BOV is capable of doing it's job up to 20+ psi, so you might as well take it off your mod list...

werd +1
    I want Boost!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p
    If I had a Mustang, I'd sell it and buy some Waffles.
    Want to play with my Wankel?

i like the greddy type s
    wtb aftermarket parts for a wrx

I like the BCS-t type 4ra BPV adapter plate for the stock BOV flange housing. Works great at PTFB for WOT ecu's.

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminWRX

Thanks for the Vitamin W. Mods delete this thread then.

The best thing I like about my BOV was that I was able to sell it to buy my JDM STi uppipe. esta mucho better without it. I had a GFB Hybrid 50/50 & it was kinda cool for a week then it just annoyed me.

I have had the catless uppipe on for a couple months & so far it hasn't annoyed me at all

jd
    "It only takes a moment to change your attitude, & at that moment it will change your life."

I like puppy dogs.
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

I like PSHHHHHH!!!!
    I want Boost!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p
    If I had a Mustang, I'd sell it and buy some Waffles.
    Want to play with my Wankel?

Quote Originally Posted by thetikler1
    haha thats funny, people have pulled me over to tell me fire ws coming out of my exhaust
    now that i find funny. lol

Received mine yesterday and it is sick. Im running it at 50/50 and it is loud enough. No boost creep or any of the things you might expect when running other BOV's. Took a long time to get but it was worth the wait.
    4 Tickets in 5 months of owning it....and counting!

Hks Bov?

Will a hks bov off of a 2002 WRX fit a 2004 WRX??? I need to know quickly please!

yes
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.