"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 270

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; did that make you feel tough that you know what a "blow off valve" is and some guy trying to ...

did that make you feel tough that you know what a "blow off valve" is and some guy trying to help didnt? haha, i hope you didnt just drive off like you said you did without explaining anything or at least saying "its supposed to do that" .

im just messin with you ebrot. sorta.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was it your cam arms hitting your sideskirt mounts?
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    did that make you feel tough that you know what a "blow off valve" is and some guy trying to help didnt? haha, i hope you didnt just drive off like you said you did without explaining anything or at least saying "its supposed to do that" .

im just messin with you ebrot. sorta.

the light changed, and if someone is that ignorant theres not the time to explain to them. Besides, i think when i reved and it happened he got the point that it's intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

can you REALLY SERIOUSLY call someone "ignorant" for not knowing what a BOV sounds like???

Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    can you REALLY SERIOUSLY call someone "ignorant" for not knowing what a BOV sounds like???

perhaps ignorant not the right word choice. but if thats the case i didnt have the time to explain to him why that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I Support ClubWRX
    "I'm sorry sir, it's low on boost lubricant. I'm trying to get to the store to get more, but all the old farts are getting in my way"

I remember when the wrx first came to the states and this guy installed a bov. He said that he was pulling into the gas station when his bov went off. He pulled in to get some gas and this guy that was already parked there said "I think that you may have popped your tire going over that curb." Referring to the bov of course. I didn't know what one was until I got the wrx.

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    I don't think I'd hesitate calling someone ignorant who didn't know what a BOV sounded like...You make it sound like its a filthy word! Look it up Anyways...after reading the post, I laughed out loud!

** Ignorant** Lacking education or knowledge....Unaware or uninformed...I can say without doubt, I'm pretty ignorant...as are most of us!
    I want an STi...and I want one NOW!

Whenever my dad drives my car he never gets on it because he says he's afraid of my BOV (still stock). He says it makes him jump every time cause he thinks it's him breaking something on my $37,000 car, in which case he would be fed to the family pets.

Great story eli

~Tim

wait.

so someone out there hasn't seen fast and furious??!

or maybe he knew your car shouldn't make that sound even though you do have a bov

great fun with the locals

i absolutely love doing "blow-bys" to the unsuspecting public. i will keep my car in gear longer so that i can shift when i drive by people who are outside. i dont rev to 6k or anything aggressive like that (its a rex, not a stang, haha) but the looks on people's faces when they hear it is priceless. i always get this surprised, WTF look on their faces. they usually look like they are trying to figure out if an automobile actually made the noise, and when they figure that out, their next step is trying to determine what i broke. makes me laugh every time. still haven't ever had anyone actually ask me a Q like urs tho...

_\m/
    \m/etal

"Odin's birds like wolves in battle - they spread their black wings - like swords like oars - in the waters of Njord"

priceless
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

^^ what he said
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

A lot of people dont know BOV's... My dad is a car guy, but he worked out old mustangs and GTO's and such.... We were driving a few months ago and a turbo civic passed us.... the BOV went off and my dad goes "o ****, I think he just blew a hose".... I just laughed and explained that it had a turbo.... He then said "so that little honda is actually fast"?? in a baffled face. I then explained the magic of motor swaps and how light then are... he thought it was really cool

I have yet to have someone ask me about it, or tell me my car was broken.... but I have recieved odd looks from unknowing people when it vents....

great story eli!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

haha thats funny, people have pulled me over to tell me fire ws coming out of my exhaust