"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 27
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 790 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127527 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; negative, they have a wrx specific kit now, which is a direct bolt on. try vivid, that's where i got ...

negative, they have a wrx specific kit now, which is a direct bolt on. try vivid, that's where i got mine.
    Lot's o' mods...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unhappy turboxs type h -rfl bov question

iv got a type h bov and i drag. it use to chough when i shift on the track(cause of short shift times). now it doesnt at all. is it brokin like spring wearing or are my shifts too fast? please help me . ive noticed that when it doesnt chough ive got much slower spool up. also whats double cluching and should i try that?

thax
    jt
    02 WRB WRX
    Bugeye Mafia #37

Blow off valve

I was looking at the HKS SSQV BOV (damn, that's a lot of acronyms). I've heard that it makes a pretty loud and nice sound. Anybody think differently? Let me know. Late.

Fahd

Its one of the loudest ones so far. I think its a 100% atmosphere BOV though, wouldnt recommend it even though its top of the line. Unless your producing massive HP. I'd say get a MRT or GFB BOV. 50/50 dispersion.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what do you mean by 100% atmosphere...and what difference would how much hp I have make?

100% atmosphere means that it vents all of the blown off air out into the atmosphere. The stock BOV is 50/50 meaning that 50% of the air is vented back to the intake and 50% is vented to the atmosphere. BOVs that vent 100% atmosphere are louder than the 50/50.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRXin'
    Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what do you mean by 100% atmosphere...and what difference would how much hp I have make?

the stock bov is 100% recirculating, meaning that all the air goes back into the intake. a 100% vent to atmosphere bov would vent all the air into the atmosphere, thus giving you that cool "whooosh" sound when you let off the throttle.

you wouldn't really lose (or make) any significant hp from the bov, but you can expect a faster turbo spool and/or quicker on throttle response because the air is venting faster since its going directly into the atmosphere

-Robert
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Flyboy
    100% atmosphere means that it vents all of the blown off air out into the atmosphere. The stock BOV is 50/50 meaning that 50% of the air is vented back to the intake and 50% is vented to the atmosphere. BOVs that vent 100% atmosphere are louder than the 50/50.
    stock bov is 100% recirc

just lettin ya know
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by Penguinking
    stock bov is 100% recirc
    Thank you.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

Originally posted by Penguinking

the stock bov is 100% recirculating, meaning that all the air goes back into the intake. a 100% vent to atmosphere bov would vent all the air into the atmosphere, thus giving you that cool "whooosh" sound when you let off the throttle.

you wouldn't really lose (or make) any significant hp from the bov, but you can expect a faster turbo spool and/or quicker on throttle response because the air is venting faster since its going directly into the atmosphere

-Robert
    Ooohhhh...I see. Now it all makes sense. Thank you.

I have a barely used GFB 50/50 in silver that I am looking to sell. Let me know who's interested.

Gary
    Sheehan Motor Racing
    www.teamSMR.com

Originally posted by GarySheehan
    I have a barely used GFB 50/50 in silver that I am looking to sell. Let me know who's interested.

Gary
    Sheehan Motor Racing
    www.teamSMR.com
    how much you want for it?

i tried to set up my GFB valve to 100% last weekend just to see what its like....the motor doesn't run as smooth. I went back to 50/50.

at 100% its WAY too loud and gets annoying anyway.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Get an Intake!...the recirc. stock bov will be loud enough for other poeple to hear. ..but then again..ull risk running lean. ...then get a unichip to get it tuned for the intake. bascially..900 bucks..just to get that cool sound, safely and reliabliy.

best bet..get a aftermarket bov..that recirc. 100 into intake..or get the HKS SSQ..with the recirc. kit
    My02 WRB WRX
    Go Hokies!

I bought the hks. I should be getting it on fri. I'm going to run it 100 percent. If I run into any probs I'll run 50\50. From what I've heard, its the best bov out there. It won't leak at high boost like some of the others. If you aren't planning on major mods, then any will do, but if you are I would say go for the hks
    2005 STI
    Obsidian black with gold wheels

Moderator of SE forum

Quote:
    What is the handicapped parking situation at the special olympics?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.