"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 269
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I looked around and didn't find a install readily available for the Forge BOV so here is mine. 1. The ...

Forge BOV Install :)

I looked around and didn't find a install readily available for the Forge BOV so here is mine.

1. The Forge BOV comes pre-loaded with a spring. You'll also get 3 more springs. If your stock or close to it use the spring that comes in it. You'll also get three little washer type deals. One washer for each seperate spring. Last but not least you'll get this little metal cap.

2. There are two bolts holding the stock BOV. They are both 12mm and should be taken completly out.

3. Using a flat head screw driver and bit of pulling remove the vaccum hose on the right side of the bov. (Right side if your looking from the front towards the back)

3. Now pull the stock BOV out past the intercooler. There will be a big vaccum hose attached to the bottom left hand side and you will use a pair of pilers to crimp the connector together. At the same time pull the bov completly out.

4. The metal cap peice that come with the Forge BOV get put into the big vaccum hose. Using the pliers crimp the connector together and push the cap until it sits flush. Release the connector.

5. Bolt the Forge BOV into place using the stock 12mm bolts.

6. Reconnect the vaccum (smaller one) hose on the top right of the BOV

7. Get in your car and enjoy
    To finish first, you must first finish

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

where can i get a gfb stealth from?

2 washers is not enough for a txs rfl bov.

Quote Originally Posted by ride5000
    2 washers is not enough for a txs rfl bov.
    what do you suggest i run then? my mods are TBE, up, txs rfl, and the mbc

i heard most people using 4

txs rfl bov

i run 2, it is just fine... stock boost
    i have experimented with more washers. in my opinion 4 is too hard for stock boost. i ran as much as 5.. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT!! anyway with 3 or more a lot of the time it felt as if i was running the cruise control when i let off the gas. so i am running 2 washers and am very happy. oh and by the way make sure you take it apart every now and then and clean it too.
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

(Cenex Gas http://www.chsinc.com/auburn/Tacoma.htm )

Quote Originally Posted by dewmudgeon View Post
    ok, so if i wanted a bov and got a cai as well,
    would they equal eachother out? creating minimal problems?

I Support ClubWRX
    PTFB is an engine killer no matter how you look at it. If you want your $25k car to last, get some type of engine management and run the boost control from it. The boost control from the UTEC and the EcuTek are almost as fast as a MBC, but much more safe to run. I understand a lot of people can't afford the money for a UTEC or a EcuTek. But if you want your motor to last, do it right. Believe me. I have run almost every type of boost control there is on my WRX. I have had a bleeder type TurboXS bleeder valve, a Joe P. ball and spring type MBC, a Blitz SBC-id, a UTEC and an EcuTek. I never really felt safe with the MBC or the EBC. But the UTEC and EcuTek boost control was very reliable and didn't spike too much on cold days, as would an MBC.

I agree, better off to get some engine management to control your boost. You forgot to mention COBB Acessport.

Engine management is definitely the best way to go, but you can put a solenoid on the mbc so that you can flip a switch and go from stock boost control to mbc. I'm still holding out for EM though...anyone want some morettes

No problem with my MBC, but I have the same "problem" with PTFB. But that comes with the mod.. No problem you just have to change your driving style and adapt.
    ECU mod is ofcource the best and safest, but also more expensive.. Everyone has to make up their own mind about whats best for them.
    Silver -02 Impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    Engine management is definitely the best way to go, but you can put a solenoid on the mbc so that you can flip a switch and go from stock boost control to mbc. I'm still holding out for EM though...anyone want some morettes
    was wondering about this... anyone know where i might be able to get some DIY instructions, or talk me thro it??

Quote Originally Posted by AIRBORNEGUYWRX
    i run 2, it is just fine... stock boost
    i have experimented with more washers. in my opinion 4 is too hard for stock boost. i ran as much as 5.. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT!! anyway with 3 or more a lot of the time it felt as if i was running the cruise control when i let off the gas. so i am running 2 washers and am very happy. oh and by the way make sure you take it apart every now and then and clean it too.

I was running 3 washers when the car was stock. Then I bumped up to 4 after I was catless and tightened the wastegate and was running 14.5 psi. Then I wisened up and bought the Greddy Type-S
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

Best BOV confusion yet...

So I'm drivin home, and its typical 6 oclock traffic. Some guy, id say mid 50s pulls up next to me in a convertable sebring. His son motions for me to roll down my window. When I do the dad yells "you have like a really loud metal/metal noise when you shift" I pop it into neutral and pull the ebrake (on a hill) and rev it up and let the rfl go off. "is that it?"
    "yeah"
    "oh ok"
    then i drive off.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

WRBTURBOWRX: When I grow up I hope I can be 1/16 as cool as you.
    Steve (WRBTURBOWRX )
    WRB WRX: Super 16g Equipped
    www.BrotSpec.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.