"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 263
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My suggestion? Get rid of that BOV. It is terrible quality and just flat out NOT a good BOV. Switch ...

My suggestion? Get rid of that BOV. It is terrible quality and just flat out NOT a good BOV. Switch to a greddy and you will be amazed at the difference.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thanks for the clip link. damn now if only i could decide which sound i want. the txs rfl and forge is a lil similar right?
    [SLEEPER]
    [noun] A high performance street car with an inconspicuous, stock outward appearance.

God
    Make sure to take it out and clean it all out every once in a while. Then relube it and try again. It's common for gunk to get in there and not allow the piston to move smoothly. The horn should face to either side, never up to minimize this problem.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

Thanks for the advice. The BOV is only 3 weeks old. I did take it off though and clean it as well as the gasket service on both it and the intercooler, but I am still experiencing a leak somewhere. I can't hear it though so I really don't know where to look. Thanks again for your advice.
    It takes a fast car to drive in a straight line...It takes a fast driver to surpass others on the endless curvy sections of ashpalt we call "roads".

-------------------------------

308whp / 275wtq @ 20psi on 93 octane

Axis Stage 2 2.5 USDM STI Block (Summer 2005)

i would get forge, you'll really like it
    i get a lot of compliments on it
    and it won't mess anything up
    FP Green STi

Yeah that is what all my friends are tellin me and the guy with the blue WRX. They say get HKS but greddy im sure is just as good as HKS. I wish i just had the money to go out and buy another one though.... im thinkin about it if anyone has greddy or HKS bov for sale ill buy probly cheap along with the adapter stuff to put it on.... PM me
    -02 Black WRX-
    Mods are in profile....

yeah i think i wont attract that much of attention with the forge than the txs rfl.
    [SLEEPER]
    [noun] A high performance street car with an inconspicuous, stock outward appearance.

I had the HKS. Wasn't satisfied with it. Sounded pretty good at first but after awhile the constant high pitched whistle that never goes away just gets really annoying. I like the greddy because it's so quiet and subtle but when you really get on it you can hear the amazing sound. Nothing compares. Also it seems to be very fast reacting and blows a **** ton of air in a very short amount of time. Like it opens really big and lets out all the pressure and then closes really fast. Good stuff!
    05 Crystal Gray STi

Originally posted by scooby24
    My suggestion? Get rid of that BOV. It is terrible quality and just flat out NOT a good BOV. Switch to a greddy and you will be amazed at the difference.
    my opinion......
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

(Cenex Gas http://www.chsinc.com/auburn/Tacoma.htm )

Quote Originally Posted by dewmudgeon View Post
    ok, so if i wanted a bov and got a cai as well,
    would they equal eachother out? creating minimal problems?

Originally posted by AIRBORNEGUYWRX
    my opinion......
    Have you tried any other BOV other than the turboXS? I've tried stock as atmospheric, TurboXS RFL, HKS, and now Greddy. Greddy wins hands down. HKS is in second. TurboXS and stock are tied for worst BOVs evAr
    05 Crystal Gray STi

my buddy on here has an HKS, its no different then mine, mine is just louder, and nobody i know has the greddy, so to answer your question NO! but dont trash a product because YOU had a bad experience with it. remember each person has their own likes and dislikes.....
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

Not going to argue with you. However I believe you should put the HKS on yours and feel the difference. The afterfiring is not nearly as bad and hesitation after shifts is much improved
    05 Crystal Gray STi

im not trying to argue either but i dont know what you are talking about, it doesnt do what you are saying, and it closes faster than the stock one ever would, but im going to talk to kevin and drive his and see if there is a difference.....
    PICTURES

just wanted to update, still works great, actually nothing has changed for the bad, sounds great, and i recommend this product!
    PICTURES

question about forge bov

I know it is not a good performance mod but I really want one Anyways I was wondering how hard it is to tune it if I am running everything stock but a catback? I like the sound of this BOV the best and am just curious if anyone has any issues with them?
    4EAT, wrb, wrx

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.