"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 260
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Why spend money on a noise producer? I have a whistle I'll sell you for three dollars. Just blow it ...

Why spend money on a noise producer?

I have a whistle I'll sell you for three dollars. Just blow it when you shift.
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by dosage0
    why doesn't everyone use a greddy evo muffler? anything else is just extra noise, right?

100 bucks is a great deal. you will not have any trouble selling it and getting that money back if you don't like it.

ken

stock bov

i was wondering how you remove the silencer to hear the stock bov. i was also wondering what rpm's does the turbo usually kick in for you guys.

Scoobymods has a good writeup on how to remove the intake silencer. Check it out there, it's not too difficult. Good luck!

I usually get full boost a little under 3k rpm. But remember, if your car is stock you wont see full boost until 3rd gear.

jrp wastegate and BOV

how is this jrp bov and wastegate has any one had any personal experience with them

bov - http://www.businessvision.net/edge/M...y&PageNumber=1

wastegate - http://www.businessvision.net/edge/M...y&PageNumber=1

and would they fit / work on a rex?

linky no worky for mi

try now

wastegate

bov
    Last edited by mOOpeh; 08-15-2004 at 02:22 PM.

Originally posted by dosage0

I have a whistle I'll sell you for three dollars. Just blow it when you shift.

BUMP ANYONE
    Currently - 87' Dodge Raider

Want's - 05/06/07 WRX

TXS STi Exhaust w/catless downpipe + ATM BOV ???

This causes backfire? Can someone explain? Ways around it? Different BOV? Help...

Moon-

get a bov that recirculates. your atmospheric bov causes your car to spit fuel which then becomes unburnt..that unburnt fuel ignites in the exhaust which cuases backfire/flames/popping. having no cats doesnt help either.

most catless systems with a straight through muffler will shoot flames right ater letting up on the throttle, and it lets out a little boom...nothing usally spetacular.
    I want Boost!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam3482p
    If I had a Mustang, I'd sell it and buy some Waffles.
    Want to play with my Wankel?

when you say recirculate...Im thinking your talking of a BOV that feeds air back into the piping and blow some off like 50/50, or... It feeds all back into...

Im a bit new with some things, have been reading a LOT. I plan on buying a java black STi 05, and modding it for my graduation present. I know there is a rule of thumb that you never buy a new car and upgrade it, but frankly, I dont trust people that are selling their STi or rex for fear of people hot dogging the engine when it hasent even been properly broken in yet, ie driving like a lunatic and racing everyone they see off the lot. If you know of anyone that has a car that has been taken care of let me know, because id much rather spend 25k than 32k and then more on car modifications.

I am also having trouble finding a worthy Dyno shop that works on subies around where I live... Everyone around here works on Honda/Toyota/Mazda... I live in Pensacola, FL..Its the western panhandle for those unfamiliar...I am willing to drive as far as ATL and dropping off my car to have everything put on and tuned if I have to.

Anyway thanks much for the information...

no

i personaly only like the hks ssq or the stock mr2 bov/bypass

only 2 bov's i know that dont use springs

Originally posted by Kitt
    also, how does this bov work? Is it a pull type of bov? Because I just installed mine and the holes are open at idle.
    I forget the colors and stiffness but the middle spring should be able to hold 18psi.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.