"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 259

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; no. you lose around 50 miles per tank, you get backfire, you have crappy idle (i kno washers rid of ...

no. you lose around 50 miles per tank, you get backfire, you have crappy idle (i kno washers rid of the problem, but its still not worth it.) i used to be all about the open atmosphere and sound, but ive convereted (to a 50/50 gfb hehe.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

: : J-Lovin Moderator: : PhreeZe's Avatar
    LOL this is my blow off valve. You must be Kevin's friend? Ignore Fendiee. Lose 50 miles per tank? You gotta be kidding me. Anyways you can buy it and if you dont like it, sell it. I run it, the World One STi runs it, its a good BOV. Anyways if you come to the grand opening of World One Performance, you can see it in person.

Jason
    "It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car. You better learn that." - Ja Rule

Jason - Jasle@Centurytel.net
    Exterior & Appearance/Northwest Moderator

Vendor of Choice: World One Performance

Whats a good bov for a lightly tuned WRX (and I dont mean a stock bov)

Originally posted by PhreeZe
    LOL this is my blow off valve. You must be Kevin's friend? Ignore Fendiee. Lose 50 miles per tank? You gotta be kidding me. Anyways you can buy it and if you dont like it, sell it. I run it, the World One STi runs it, its a good BOV. Anyways if you come to the grand opening of World One Performance, you can see it in person.

Jason
    ya, ill be there. Kevin will be here in about an hour. I hope it doesnt do what fendiee says. that would be kinda f@ct. but i guess i will see
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

(Cenex Gas http://www.chsinc.com/auburn/Tacoma.htm )

Quote Originally Posted by dewmudgeon View Post
    ok, so if i wanted a bov and got a cai as well,
    would they equal eachother out? creating minimal problems?

Originally posted by fendiee
    no. you lose around 50 miles per tank, you get backfire, you have crappy idle (i kno washers rid of the problem, but its still not worth it.) i used to be all about the open atmosphere and sound, but ive convereted (to a 50/50 gfb hehe.)
    WTF........ i vote to delete this crap out of this thread!!!! how would you know?
    Last edited by Airborne Guy; 08-14-2004 at 04:32 PM.
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

testing bypass valve

What is the procedure for testing the stock bypass valve? The 1-2 shift in my car always feels like crap when getting on it, even though I'm shifting high enough to keep the car over 4000 rpm when letting the clutch out in second. It just sort of bogs for a minute. This is on a AccessPORT stage 2 setup.

i've heard turbosmart is a real nice peice not sure on what it sounds like thou. has anyone had problems with the rfl? seems like it might work good since turbo xs used to use hyperflow fmic's.
    2008 Evo X
    HBSpeed tuned 351AWHP 345TQ
    T1R TBE, Perrin FMIC, AEM Intake, AP tuned

Originally posted by fendiee
    hmm. how about you stop revving the car all the time to hear that cool-ass sound, and stop racing everyone you see because you want to show them how cool you are, and then you'll stop losing 50 miles per tank mmmkay.

two of my friends here have 04's and both are bone stock aside from the txs-rfl bov. neither of them have backfiring, crappy idling, or bad mileage. installing washers to take care of the idling problem is not a big deal at all.

I Support ClubWRX
    Reset the ECU and try again.

Have you done any mods recently that you did not reset the ECU? I blamed my stock bypass valve a long time ago as well. But I honestly think that by resetting the ECU, it solved my problems.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...ight=leaky+bov

well i went to the show and heard the BOV, sounds great and cant wait till tuesday when i get it!!!!!
    PICTURES

Originally posted by TheDean
    Whats a good bov for a lightly tuned WRX (and I dont mean a stock bov)
    forge 100% atmospheric...

everybody loves mine, it's awesome dude...
    no messing around, no screwin **** up....it works
    FP Green STi

oh ya, got my perrin panel filter and Im really pleased with it..... I recommend it!
    PICTURES

Originally posted by fr0IVIan
    two of my friends here have 04's and both are bone stock aside from the txs-rfl bov. neither of them have backfiring, crappy idling, or bad mileage.
    Just a FYI, they dont get backfiring because they aren't catless. If they run catless with an ATM BOV then you will see the show.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Originally posted by 5spdfrk
    Just a FYI, they dont get backfiring because they aren't catless. If they run catless with an ATM BOV then you will see the show.
    good to know, thanks

i don't suppose there's any way to prevent backfiring with an ATM BOV and a fully catless exhaust?

Originally posted by AIRBORNEGUYWRX
    WTF........ i vote to delete this crap out of this thread!!!! how would you know?
    because in about 3 hours my turboxs rfl is going up for sale. you guys like to sacrifice engine performance for sound/aethestics, i have no problem with. i just offer a different point of view (concerning atmospheric blow off valves.)