"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 257

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i know i know...the stock bypass is the best but im planning to upgrade to bigger top mount instead of ...

bov on a stocker intercooler...

i know i know...the stock bypass is the best but im planning to upgrade to bigger top mount instead of front mount...so im looking for a bov...im thinking about blitz....or hks...can anyone give me advise on which one is best for its price...thanks..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

imprezzanoob ive had my greddy evo2 catback for awhile now...i got the 1st one in my area when they came out and ive had no problems with it....the exhaust has a nice deep rumble at idle and low rpms and really comes to life at higher rpms...the way i look at it was that i didnt a loud ricer exhaust and the evo2 is pretty quiet...so when i get rid of my cats the exhaust will sound perfect....not to loud an not to quiet
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Umm.. well why does it matter that your getting a TMIC instead of a front mount as far as deciding on a BOV? And as far as best one? I mean if youre on the stock snail or even most vf series, an aftermarket bov isnt really necessary. Its just for sound, so I say go with whatever one sounds the ''coolest'' to you. Hks sequential is a higher pitched sound where as something like TXS is more of a loud whoooshing sound. If you have something else on your list as far as mods go that will actually give some performance gains, I would do that first. BOV's are not worth the money. They just sound cool and scare other N/A cars.

-Griffin

Do you have a 4eat or 5mt? Most bov's will work fine with the 5mt, but the HKS is one of the few that work right on a 4eat.

it sounds really good and isn't really loud, but is loud enough to hear.
    FP Green STi

There are 3 different springs you can get as well as shims.
    -Brian

Twisty Monster - 335 ft/lb of torque @ 3600 rpm on a stock turbo. Is that possible? Yes it is.

The install is alot easier if you remove the bolts holding the IC in place and simply move the right side back about 2". This gives you plenty of room to mess with the clamp without removing the IC completely. Of course, you have to loosen the connection on the front and possibly pull the small rubber hoses off as well. Glad you got it on finally though.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

yeah, i had the bolts on the ic off, and was planning to attempt that, but luckily me and my dad were able to jimmy it in there w/out having to do that

yea i have them...
    but the springs are for what? higher boost?
    and what do the shims do?

got my txs rfl on today....amazing
    FP Green STi

springs are to be used if your BOV isn't holding pressure. if 1 spring is too light, but the next one is too strong, then you use the shims to make adjustments.

Forge Atmospheric BOV

Used the same BOV when I had a TBXS TMIC V2 also... didn't have to adjust the BOV either when I swaped it over... No compressor stall issues of any kind.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

if you go 100% atmosphere then take that rubber hose off, and cap it right near the bov. it's not needed.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

i thought we were talking about bov's?

Fil if you read the posts you will see he talks about the greddy evo2 exhaust and since ive had it since it 1st came out i though id let him know what my opinion is on the exhaust
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

ive heard the WORX bov is really good.. fully adjustable to 100% atmospheric 75, 50, 25 and then totally recirculated..

i on the other hand will be getting the greddy type-r..