"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 254

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; you should also search and read about putting a BOV on a stock wrx.....

you should also search and read about putting a BOV on a stock wrx..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sound based, just like a muffler. I have the blitz and am happy with it. lots use the worx, which is also a good choice.

there was a link with some sound clips floating around. run a search on here and i'll try to dig the link up myself.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

BOV's on stock WRXs aren't usually the best idea. You'll run pretty rich and get sh*tty gas mileage.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

wat should my first mod be n what exhaust should i get

try doing a search for First Mods...you'll find a ton of info, usually first mods are turboback exhaust and up pipe and maybe a MBC

cool thanks ill look into that first. i guess ill just buy thE BOV without installing because im getting a pretty good price for it. also jw, why are people so against bov? does it harm your car?
    Last edited by ImPrEzZaNoOb; 08-10-2004 at 04:08 PM.

are the greddy evo2 exhaust pretty good?

Got it a www.Boostkits.com. The order took forever but it wasnt their fault and ANthony did whatever he could to let me know the status. I belive the crinkle reds are on backorder forever so check before you buy.

I have it set to 50/75 because I still like hearin the sound. WHen i get less wowed by it i'll take it down a notch. I haven't set to to full recirculation yet but i'll try it tonight and let ya know.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/625405

oops "25/75" - i'm a dumbass

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/625405

a BOV just isnt necessary, the stock bypass valve can handle up to around 18-20 PSI, and a aftermarket BOV which people usually run 100% atmo, makes the car run rich in between shifts, some people have problems with it and some seem to be fine. Its up to you but its not gonna gain you any HP or anything just a sound.

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    the stock bypass valve helps the turbo continue to spin even after the throttle is closed, thats why theres a hose leading from the bypass valve to right before the turbo. what a 100% atm bov does is surge all that air straight outside the egine. now i dont want to say that the turbo comes to a screaming halt but it slows down quickly and significantly. so once you get back on the gas after shifting the engine has to work to get the turbo to spool back up. shift and the process repeats.
    woooo

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    when we say that it'll run rich for a few seconds heres what we mean.

the stock ecu wasnt programed for a atm blowoff valve, it was programed for the bypass valve. so what the ecu is doing is its assuming that theres going to be all that blown off air that you created by shifting, back in the intake tract ready to go, so it gives the engine a good deal of fuel to start you again after you shift. a bypass valve will maintain that a/f ratio. however, a bov throws the air into the engine bay leaving your a/f rich when accelerate.
    woooo

bov problem and need help

I got a turbo xs rfl bov, and recently i just went on vacation from san antonio to colorado. But right when the altitude started to change in santa fe, the bov stopped working and would not open. I was wondering if this may be caused by the altitude because i have no leaks and my stocker works just fine. I miss my bov but im thinking of just selling it if anyones interested in a used rfl with return plug and the adapter plate
    05 silver sti

bump

i have the hks ssqv....i like it especially with some sort of exhaust to back up the sound.....i would recommend it...of course if ur just looking to make your car sound a little bit better