"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 251
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Cool! I am glad you like it. I hope you can get some answers. Do you think it was worth ...

Cool! I am glad you like it. I hope you can get some answers.

Do you think it was worth the $250?
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think it was worth every penny. The bling factor under the hood is nice. Not to mention just the whoosh I can hear in first & second puts huge smiles on my face. If you have the extra cash I highly recommend it.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Thanks for your input. I got the cash, but I am just unsure as if to get it because I have not heard it first hand yet. I have heard the HKS, TXS, and the GReddy Type-S, but nothing else.

I have heard and seen the sound clips, but nothing is like experiencing it first hand.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

You might want to try adjusting the spring inside the BOV to the loosest setting. That's where I have it, and it blows off at all gears, at anything over 3k rpms. It's not really loud inside the cabin, but with the windows rolled down I can hear it very well. There is also a plug in the firewall beneath the pedals in the footwell. With that removed, you can hear the BOV succinctly.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Thanks for the good insight.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

feedback on mods I did: Worx BOV, HKS and HELIX

Just got my ish isntalled at Racing Trenz in Denver, Co.

WORX BOV - This is LOUD yo! I did'nt really want to be that annoying on the road, but it's definitely cool. However, since the adjuster goes in continual circles, how do I know when I am at 50/50 or 100%????

HKS Carbon-Ti + Helix UP/DP - These elemnts combine for a SWEET sound. No loud annoying rice can sound. It's a Clean, Low rumble just like I wanted. If you don;t want to deal with being too much of a loud a$$ on the road, this is a good mod-combo.

HKS TT - a TT is a TT. Got it on and I like the added piece of mind of not having to sit in my car on a hot day to cool it down (even though most Rex owners say I dont need to do this neways).

bump, anything else?
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

(Cenex Gas http://www.chsinc.com/auburn/Tacoma.htm )

Quote Originally Posted by dewmudgeon View Post
    ok, so if i wanted a bov and got a cai as well,
    would they equal eachother out? creating minimal problems?

you are in DIRE need of searching it seems. kill the cats.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    you are in DIRE need of searching it seems. kill the cats.
    alright got everything i need, thanx for all the help
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

(Cenex Gas http://www.chsinc.com/auburn/Tacoma.htm )

Quote Originally Posted by dewmudgeon View Post
    ok, so if i wanted a bov and got a cai as well,
    would they equal eachother out? creating minimal problems?

Seems more and more people are getting the WORX bov. OR maybe I'm just noticing the posts lately. In either case, the response seems to be positive from most.

I wouldn't dream of having an aftermarket BOV until I get a tbe put on my car. The rice factor would be too high and it would just be ridiculous.

Mods sound good, so far.
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

I have a Worx and I've never thought it was loud. I even switched from the regular ring to the "loud" ring. I don't have that much exposure to other BOVs in person, however. Perhaps mine is loud? I kinda hope so, just so I can turn people's heads. They can't see me through the tinted windows.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

heard there were problems with flutter sounds. I like the single ppshhhh sound. maybe the supersonic would be better.

RFL seems good for sound, but problems with idling?

Well, I've had my Worx installed for 3 days now and I can only say really good things about it. However as somone recommend you need to put it on the softest spring setting to really hear the whoosh.
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

What do you mean "problems"...I like the flutter sound, kinda sounds like a Supra...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

just ordered a WORX from boostkits.com. I couldnt decide which BOV to get. but this thread helped out alot.
    cant wait to get it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.