"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 250

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well damn, didnt realize this was going to cause so damn much attitude.... i was just stating that the people ...

well damn, didnt realize this was going to cause so damn much attitude.... i was just stating that the people i have talked to around here. They have all been pleased with the "perrin" product!!!!!!!!!!!!! so relax and be calm, everything is going to be ok!
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

(Cenex Gas http://www.chsinc.com/auburn/Tacoma.htm )

Quote Originally Posted by dewmudgeon View Post
    ok, so if i wanted a bov and got a cai as well,
    would they equal eachother out? creating minimal problems?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got a reply from Mike @ Worx and he said that they are backordered for 2-3 weeks. Fast response though
    4 Tickets in 5 months of owning it....and counting!

In case anyone was curious as to how much boost this BOV can hold, I just achieved 407whp/402tq at 23psi using it. No problems at all.
    04 STI
    FPGreen

RFL BOV metal on metal screech

This is my second week with my RFL BOV and all the sudden today it started making a metal on metal screech. Right after it gets done blowing off. I watched it as my dad revved and sure enough its coming from the bov's piston.

1.) should I drive it tomorrow?

2.) How the hell do I fix it?

3.) Should I drive it tomorrow?

Steve
    Last edited by Steve-o; 07-26-2004 at 08:58 PM.
    WRB WRX: Super 16g Equipped
    www.BrotSpec.com

Originally posted by AIRBORNEGUYWRX
    They have all been pleased with the "perrin" product!!!!!!!!!!!!! so relax and be calm, everything is going to be ok!
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

lube up the piston, it might be scratching
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

I actually put a hks bov on my stock 03'. It ran fine. No problems at all. Except it no longer held boost(yeah, I know why). So, less than 3 hours after I put it on, I took it off and put the stock one back on.

Go with Helix or used for semi-cheap exhaust.

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

well damn, didnt realize this was going to cause so damn much attitude.... i was just stating that the people i have talked to around here. They have all been pleased with the "perrin" product!!!!!!!!!!!!! so relax and be calm, everything is going to be ok!
    being happy with the product one chooses, in no way, signifies it as the best.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

ok, i gotcha on that point, but what i meant was that it seemed to fit the best, i know there are tons of products out there, im looking for input on which is the best bang for the buck, im in the army and we dont get paid very well so the progress of this car is going to be slow anyway....
    PICTURES

OBP Impreza WRX STi Stage 2 @22psi. MasterTuned on 94 octane. PIA Dyno'd at 301 AWHP & 330 AWTQ only could boost at 19psi on the dyno so not sure what it would be at 22psi.

ok, i gotcha on that point, but what i meant was that it seemed to fit the best, i know there are tons of products out there, im looking for input on which is the best bang for the buck, im in the army and we dont get paid very well so the progress of this car is going to be slow anyway....
    as far as an up and dp go, just about any are good. I have not heard about fitment issues with any of the big companies. everyone is going to say soandso products are good largely because they are very similar.

godspeed, perrin, turbo xs, etc, etc are all good and work well.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by silversti
    In case anyone was curious as to how much boost this BOV can hold, I just achieved 407whp/402tq at 23psi using it. No problems at all.
    How comforting to know I won't have to change out my BOV once I reach those levels <----big time dreamer!! Thanks Todd!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

ya, ive heard of a couple of those b4, see i had a 2002 saturn sc1....dont laugh lol, and it was REALLY REALLY difficult to find things that were worth a damn for it, so i am trying to be really cautious when it comes to this car, so if anyone has any good input, its more than welcome!!!
    PICTURES

Worx Bov Question...

Well, after a month of waiting from Worxturning.com to ship my Dual Stage BOV it finally came in.

Install was fairly simple, and looks great on the car.
    But here is the question, I am running it on 50/50 right now, and in the cabin I can only hear the nice whoosh when I shift out of first and into second. Then when I shift from 2nd to 3rd I can hear it if I have enough boost built up. However after 3rd you cant hear it any more in the cabin. This could be from the TXS RFL-Ti but I dunno.

So is this normal? Also I've noticed that it was shooting some red goo out the sides for the first few miles but I figured that was just the BOV working itself in.

When the hood its popped and in neutral you can rev on it and it sounds so sweet. I'm just wondering that although I cant hear it in the cabin is it possible that other cars can still hear it?

Thanks for the help!

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Bump for some answers. I am thinking about getting this BOV after while.

Have you tried it at 100% yet?
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

Yeah, I started it off at 100% atmospheric. And it was pretty loud but was running really rich. And I was getting some back firing so I went straight to 50/50!
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum