"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 248
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know lots of ppl on this board dont like BOVs especially on the wrx but i do want the ...

Which hybrid BOV worx, gfb

I know lots of ppl on this board dont like BOVs especially on the wrx but i do want the sound. I figure ill get a hyprid so i can get a little sound without the harmful effects of 100% BOVs that everyone talks about.

I have 2 questions:

Should i get the worx or the gfb?

What is the difference between the stealth fx and the regular gfb hybrid BOVs.

Thanks
    All flaming at criticism welcome
    Currently
    2003 WRB Wagon
    --AccessPort Stage 2
    --APS TBE
    --PDE Up-pipe
    --GFB Stealth Fx Hybrid BOV
    ------(What can i say i like the sound)
    --17" Rota Tarmac IIs (Gunmetallic)
    --18% Stealth Tint

Other Rides:
    1986 Vette (Current Engine Rebuild)
    2005 C6 Vette Silver Coupe on order

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Help for the turboXS RFL BOV!!!!!

I just receive a RFL BOV without instruction.
    On the top of the BOV, it seems I can turn right and left in order to adjust something!! Anyone know??
    How can I know it is not leaking after I put that on??
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    the twisting isnt for adjusting its for taking the top off to add washers under the spring for more tension. and the best way to detect boost leak is with a boost gauge if you have one.

added thoughts... did the rfl come with the metal plug for the stock return hose? bad things can happen if thats not plugged. other than that its a simpler install than the intake silencer removal.
    Last edited by SweetTurboWhine; 07-23-2004 at 11:58 AM.
    woooo

I belive hybird can only be ajust either 50/50 or 100%. And stealth fx can be fully adjust whatever you desire!!!!!

STi EVO

Yes! It came with the plug. After I plug that round metal to the hose, do I need something to tight that !!

And, How can I know I need more tension?? Since it doesn't come with any washer!!

What is the difference if I put more washer or less washer on top of the spring??
    Last edited by AUTO228; 07-23-2004 at 12:33 PM.

STi EVO

adding washers will put tension on the spring and make it harder to release, personally with no washers it'll be goin off all the time releasing boost, i have the same bov and am running 2 washers now, you'll just have to play around with it, oh and the washers go in the bottom

What do you set your WORX BOV at?

I've got this all important ricer-sound upgrade in. Now I am trying to decide what to set it at when i install.

What do you set yours at? Why?

I have a GFB Hybrid and love it. Have'nt had any problems what-so-ever.
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

The worx seems like the ultimate BOV for the wrx. It was designed for the wrx and has IIRC 7 settings on the BOV all at the turn of a dial. From complete recirculatory to 100% atmos.

I believe this is the one I will get in the near future.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

I have teh GFB Hybrid and love it. Works very wellw ith no problems.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

not one of your options, but i have just started running the forge 100% atomsp. and i love it... middle spring is not too loud, but def. can be heard. nice sound between whistle and whoosh.

i recommend considering this as well. its also been proven to work safely with the wrx, very similarly to the worx bov
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    any washers that you can fit in there will be fine, im running 3 right now i think but for the longest time i was running with none with no problems. dunno. it could be different from car to car. ive also noticed that the more washers you add, not only the more tension but the more whistle you get when it surges. for example, when you have no washers it sounds like a wooshing sound, some of my friends actually said it sounded like i was grinding gears or going through a puddle on the road. but since i put the three in its much more high pitched and whistly. but once again, the best way to check if you have any leaks is with a boost gauge. if you dont have one you'll have to listen while you test drive it for any air leaks and use the good 'ol butt dyno
    woooo

I don't have a boost gauge now, but will get that soon.

Before I get a boost gauge, how can I know that leaking by the sound? What is sound like if that is leaking??

Do you have any issue like backfire, idle problem happen after you put that on you car???

STi EVO

i'm 100% catless straight through and my car backfires and shoots fire balls out all the time the ladys approve...... idles fine tho

Hey, not to be a **** but this is a pretty ****ty thread...A lot of people have found benefits using the GReddy Type S and making it single spring...I'd reccomend that only if you plan on doing turbo related mods...The loudest BOV that I've heard is the TurboXS...If you plan on just doing that and maybe an exhaust or something, that's definitely the way to go, TXS all the way...Now, the girlfriend pics please.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.