"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 246

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; nice picture...

nice picture
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks.... I ordered the HKS last week. We'll see what happens. And as far as the girl goes....I'll see what I can do lol. If anyone is interested I have a sweet video of two girls making out in front of my STi... let me know.

Chris
    4 Tickets in 5 months of owning it....and counting!

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    Anyone running 100% bovs with Accessport..? I plan to just want to make sure there cars didnt blow up
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club

i'm not sure on dual-port bov... but usually, you turn the adjustment screw to loosen the spring tension, which will release the boost sooner. this makes it harder to hold higher boost, but unless you are a crayzy dragger, you shouldn't notice the difference.
    Definition of “rice”; to install or want items which makes the vehicle “cheesy” in appearance or in ist function. The term is more often than not used by non-Asian races. Also, the products or style used and defined as “rice” is more often than not manufactured and sported by non-Asians.

if the flutter is compressor surge than yes it will hurt your turbo. basically what's happening is your turbo spin is changing from forward to backward or back again for every flutter. when you consider that the turbine can be spinning upwards of 160K rpm...that's NOT a good thing
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

So what should I do? I hooked it up using the directions that came with it. It has a place on the back of it to use the stock plumb back outlet to vent the air back into the intake, so why would it be making the turbo spin the opposit way? I just looked in the box that the BOV came in and there's an aluminum (it lookes like a cork) its flat on the top and its about as big as a 50 cent piece or even a silver dollar, but the directions dont say anything about it. does anyone have any suggestion's?
    Last edited by wagontrained; 07-18-2004 at 05:14 PM.

Originally posted by MJU1983
    This describes what i thought when i read/saw your post.

Confused about what?

What BOV stands for??
    4 Tickets in 5 months of owning it....and counting!

Banned
    I have a obx 100% atmos. with a stage 2 and the negative effects are minimal,meaning for a breif second when you shift into the next gear it takes a second to go total full boost,no big deal,i was concerned about it also but it seem to run just fine

i believe thats to plug the recirculation hose.... when you have the stock bpv... like they said... it recirculates the builtup pressure back infront of the turbo.. if you are not recirculating anything then you would need this to plug the hose so the engine doesnt just die when you try to start it up.
    i might be wrong so dont take my word as gospel

HKS BOV problems

I have had an Hks bov for a couple of months now and it is working fine. And now it stopper working. I took it apart to see if anything was wrong and it is fine. So i put my stock bov back on to see if it work and it did. My car runs fine and holds boost fine. I even hook up my old mbc to se if any boost was leaking off, but it was fine. The hks just does not release. Has anyone had this problem . The only mods I have are hks up, down, cat back, and stock intake mod.

Think of your BOV not working as a blessing for your car.

Re: HKS BOV problems

Originally posted by ScottC
    I have had an Hks bov for a couple of months now and it is working fine. And now it stopper working. I took it apart to see if anything was wrong and it is fine. So i put my stock bov back on to see if it work and it did. My car runs fine and holds boost fine. I even hook up my old mbc to se if any boost was leaking off, but it was fine. The hks just does not release. Has anyone had this problem . The only mods I have are hks up, down, cat back, and stock intake mod.
    many people have problems with the hks bov. they are just not made very well to mate with the wrx. theres tons of info that explains why.. just search for it.

if you want an aftermarket bov, and dont want to keep stock, then i suggest worx or forge... both good companies and pretty much the only 2 bov's that tend to be problem free for this car
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I'll try blocking the plumb-back outlet so that it just vents it into the atmosphere, if that fixes it then I should be good, right?

Alright I blocked off the recirculation tube and I'm still getting a "FLUTTER" noise, does anybody know what I could be doing wrong? When I soften up the spring tension the "FLUTTER" get's quieter. This suck's! Should I let the guy's at the suby dealer check it out, or would they know anything about this kind of stuff?

lemmi get this straight... you have ZERO air recirculated back to the intake system? if that is the case, you need to recirculate it. this will help the turbo to keep spinning forward.
    Definition of “rice”; to install or want items which makes the vehicle “cheesy” in appearance or in ist function. The term is more often than not used by non-Asian races. Also, the products or style used and defined as “rice” is more often than not manufactured and sported by non-Asians.