"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 244
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thats odd. They responded to all of my orders. Even overnighted the valve for me when they found out I ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Thats odd. They responded to all of my orders. Even overnighted the valve for me when they found out I needed it quicker for a show. Ate the cost of it even. Hmmmmm....maybe they are getting backed up?? It did take almost a month to ship my exhaust and that pretty much sucked, but I've been able to get Mike on the phone usually when I call. Go figure...
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no but that sig is .................................................. ..........................
    .................................................. .................................................. ....
    .................................................. .................................................. ....
    .................................................. ..................................COOL?

worx still has not responded to my emails.......

TURBOSMART dual port bov

I just bought the turbosmart dual port. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on setting it up. it comes preset for the regular wrx. The sti makes more boost so it leaks like hell. I already tightened it quite a bit. How do i kno when it is set just right. Should it blow off everytime i shift??? Even at low rpm's. Or should it just blow off when i get the rpms high. Right now i can rev it up in neutral say about 5k and let off and it will open up. any help is appreciated.

Accessport BOV Question

Hey whats up I ordered my accessport 5/03/04 and i am greatly anticipating its arrival. I have a question tho i plan on running stage 2 which puts out anywheres around 16-17 psi of boost. I was wondering if people were running an aftermarket bov or the stock one? and if it were ok to frun an aftermarket setup most likely the GFB 50/50 one and not mess anything up with the programs.

thanks alot

jimmy

no real need to run a bov, but if you do...a hybrid is better than a fully atmospheric.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Greddy BOV Help!!!!

I'm not sure what the problem may be but I don't get that signature whistle the Greddy Type-S usually gives. I have the return hose plugged. Instead of hearing the whistle after I let off, I hear nothing!! It sounds like a boost leak while boosting cause I can hear the turbo spooling like if it was a supercharger. I see on my boost gauge that it holds boost fine, But I don't have the sound. I checked for leaks and even tweaked the adjuster screw but still nothing. Anyone know what the deal is?? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
    Will
    310whp / 309trq @ 19psi
    Now with 6 Flavors of JDM Goodness!!
    MODS

Does your BOV looks like this? I would check to make sure that black hose on the bov is on there securely, check to make sure that the bolts are tighten from the flange to the the intercooler then the bov to the flange. Did you replace the gasket that connects the flange and intercooler?

My BOV looks exactly like that, but the venting hole for the bov is facing the other way. Could that possibly be the problem?? What if I just turned the hole to vent out the way you have it? I made sure everything is on nice and tight. The only thing I left out was the long hose with the tee. I made the BOV fit without replacing the metal lines running parallel to the intercooler. Could that be the problem???
    310whp / 309trq @ 19psi
    Now with 6 Flavors of JDM Goodness!!
    MODS

That could be the problem...why didn't you just use the replace hose and "T" connector? Did you get the instruction that came with the BOV? I know its in Japanese and all but there are pictures of how it's suppose to look.

I would suggest you face the GReddy BOV like the way I had it. And see if that fixes your problem.

I'm stage 2 right now and have the GFB Hybrid set at 50/50 and runs fine. I havent had any problems.
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

I also have a GFB set at 50/50 with Cobb's VF34 map and I am running fine. I wouldn't go for a full atmospheric bov.

another GFB 50/50 user here, I first put the BOV on 100% atm and the car didnt really run too good, I wasnt planning on keeping it that way I just wanted to see how the sound was etc.. but I have since had it set to 50/50 with no problems.
    2004 WRX completely stock! And becoming even more stock daily.

thankyou for all the replies i really appreciate it.

What's wrong with the stock BOV? Your BOV should pop whenever your throttle plate closes yet not leak while on boost. You pretty much want it to pop whenever you start making positive manifold pressure to avoid compressor surge. Just so you know, stock BOVs are good in to the 18-20 psi range and aftermarket ones do NOTHING for performance if you aren't running a turbo that runs more than 18 psi.
    http://homepage.mac.com/supermarkus/PhotoAlbum1.html

Mullet haiku:
    Daughter's BMX
    Takes me to welfare office
    Trans Am is on blocks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.