"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 241
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; statik - You ordered the heatshield on the 6/30 and received it 7/6. that's pretty good considering there was a ...

STATIK

statik -

You ordered the heatshield on the 6/30 and received it 7/6. that's pretty good considering there was a weekend and a holiday in between. 3 business days later at your doorstep.

I hope we're cool and you'll buy from me again.
    Last edited by boostkits; 07-07-2004 at 11:18 AM.
    Boost-it with Boostkits,

Anthony

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I edited the post, heat shield arrived promptly and fits great.
    I most def want a bov from you, let me know when you have them instock please.

you got first dibs...

Crinkle Red right?
    Boost-it with Boostkits,

Anthony

polished coming in at the same time?

PS: anthony if you could hook me up with that feedback on ebay, that would be nice, I am trying to get myself back to 99% so i can be a power seller.
    tanx -jed

If you are talkin to me boostkits (anthony) then yes crinkle red is the color i'd like.

Thanks

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/625405

STIdrmz - You're all taken care of - Spoke to worx and I should be getting tracking number for you.

Now the bad news - Polished BOVs have been discontinued and Crinkles Reds are very limitted.

WORX is going to fill my current orders for crinkles and then they are going on the endangered species list.

Statik - I plan on getting a few crinkle reds in but I won't know for sure until I get my order. I'll PM you as soon as they arrive.
    Boost-it with Boostkits,

Anthony

how is the stock on blue then?
    I am fine with blue

BLUE is in good shape. I can get them and I should have a bunch in stock early next week (hopefully on monday). I'll PM you.
    Boost-it with Boostkits,

Anthony

my BOV blew off....

So tonight i was going for a race on the highway, sti infront of me racing a 5.0 mustang. They take off and i pursue them. In second gear i bogged really bad and the car juttered. I tried to put it back in gear and give it gas and it juttered again and my check engline and battery lights came on. I pulled over, poped the hood and found my bov sitting on my engine, no in the correct location. I had to put it back on and tighten it. It really shot off cuz it broke through the mesh that's under the hood. Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: my BOV blew off....

Originally posted by krewshall
    So tonight i was going for a race on the highway, sti infront of me racing a 5.0 mustang. They take off and i pursue them. In second gear i bogged really bad and the car juttered. I tried to put it back in gear and give it gas and it juttered again and my check engline and battery lights came on. I pulled over, poped the hood and found my bov sitting on my engine, no in the correct location. I had to put it back on and tighten it. It really shot off cuz it broke through the mesh that's under the hood. Has this happened to anyone else?
    dayeeem looks like you didnt do it right the first time!...
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

musta been all those times i tacked it up to 6k to hear the bov...
    on another note, the sti kicked the **** out of the 5.0 and the mustang was spraying :-p

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but taching up to 6K shouldn't knock the bov loose (or off).
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but taching up to 6K shouldn't knock the bov loose (or off).
    i'm thinking from doing it for a good 6 months, it started to back out the hex screw.

Regardless that isn't supposed to happen, make sure you keep that thing tight or maybe put a little nail polish on the threads to keep it from getting loose.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

that's just wrong!!!

on the other hand...when you play with the big boys sometimes you get hurt
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.