"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) - Page 237
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on "The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged) within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I ordered my HKS SSQV BOV without the wrx adapter kit. How do I install it w/o a kit, or ...

HKS SQV BOV Install

I ordered my HKS SSQV BOV without the wrx adapter kit. How do I install it w/o a kit, or does anyone know where i can buy just the kit? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

gotta have the wrx adaptar, ask garret from world one 207 938 7974, tell him Fadi sent you
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

I called hks for the adaptor and they was like $100

Tell them the kid with the dress sent you (Fadi)
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    lol with garret you have to call me the stang.... :-p...whats up with you and hating on me trailboss, always doing B@tch moves
    Fadi....
    04' WRX, Stage 4 with fmic R.I.P
    05' WRX STI, 325whp 346wtq @17psi
    MODS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Enough of the bloody titties show.

I called World One today, and got a voicemail. I left a message, but didnt mention your name Fadi, or anything about a dress.

What is included in this adapter kit? Is there any way I could fabricate the parts myself? ::insert laughs here::

Originally posted by Trailboss

did no one else think this was funny? I actually laughed out loud.
    My Car is 100% STOCK!
    Pics

Originally posted by platano
    At 14???
    shoot , I'd hit it at current age, on roof of the car, with cousin driving , neighbor and town priest in the back seat, and that kid from "N.Korea" riding shotgun.

BOV sound request

I just got a idea and i was wondering if any of you have a sound bite of you reving your engine all the way through your rpms and then letting off the gas to hear the BOV. kind when like when your on the dyno and its reving all the way through the rpm band and then......pshhhhhh. i wanna use it for my email notification here at work.

Oil coming out of BOV?

I know it's bad but what u guys think?

Re: Oil coming out of BOV?

Originally posted by DKEN
    I know it's bad but what u guys think?

That can't be good.
    04 STI
    FPGreen

Registered User SweetTurboWhine's Avatar
    if you take off the BOV and veer into your intercooler with a flashlight is it coated in there? or better yet, take off your intercooler altogether, look into the intercooler outtake (the part that connects to the throttle body) and see if theres oil in there. and lastly, since you have the intercooler off, look into your turbo and see if the messiness continues into the turbo. the turbo could be the source of the problem. have you heard anything wierd as of lately comming from your engine bay? if nothing is gunking up the turbo and it looks clean the only other two places it could be comming from is the throttle body itself (unlikely i think) and the vacuum hose (even more unlikely, IMO) let us know what you find
    woooo

How much is coming out? If it's not that much, it could be blow-by crap from the crank case/pcv lines and a catch can is needed. That would be my only thought.
    Last edited by 04silver bullet; 06-25-2004 at 10:36 AM.

Originally posted by SweetTurboWhine
    if you take off the BOV and veer into your intercooler with a flashlight is it coated in there? or better yet, take off your intercooler altogether, look into the intercooler outtake (the part that connects to the throttle body) and see if theres oil in there. and lastly, since you have the intercooler off, look into your turbo and see if the messiness continues into the turbo. the turbo could be the source of the problem. have you heard anything wierd as of lately comming from your engine bay? if nothing is gunking up the turbo and it looks clean the only other two places it could be comming from is the throttle body itself (unlikely i think) and the vacuum hose (even more unlikely, IMO) let us know what you find
    It's not that much when i get the time tomorrow i'll check it out, thanks guys. i just had the car a day and it only has 7000 miles on it. if that helps, but i love my STi slready
    thanks
    derek

what mods do you have?

intake,headers,uppipe,downpipe,full exaust and manual boost control, and i'm runing about 12psi. o and a front mount.
    thanks
    derek
    Last edited by DKEN; 06-25-2004 at 06:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.